Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2004, 7:47 am

Here's how my mind 'operates':
It's a bit like an office. Huge file cabinets of infomation, but papers scattered around too. Always an overfull inbox and the person working there often throws the wrong thing into the outbox. The boss in the office doesn't speak the same language as the secretary that delivers the information.

Last edited by Catffienated on 23 Dec 2004, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2004, 7:55 am

Me Too!! :|

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 8:53 am

I honestly can't say I know how my mind works. I just know that in the end, I have to turn words into pictures to make sense of things and that somehow manages to get me through the day.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 9:40 am

I have no idea how my mind works- I just wish I could find the off switch sometimes :D

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 9:45 am

I think mine is more of an organized chaos thing overall once you get past the overwhelmed inbox function and the secretary that is constantly out to lunch and not answering the increasingly demanding emails for my brain's response. It also seems to decrease in function closer to 10pm at nights. :lol:

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 10:09 am

Melvis wrote:
I have no idea how my mind works- I just wish I could find the off switch sometimes :D

me too - maybe then you wouldnt witter on at me until 3am and I could get some sleep! :lol:

dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 11:28 pm

I've always said that my brain is organized in a series of file cabnets which are manned by a little old man wearing one of those green visors that you see in movies from the 40s trying to figure out how it is all the files work together . . .

SineWave
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2004, 2:50 am

On a related note, this book is BRILLIANT!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 1?v=glance

I mean... it's good, damn damn damn good.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2004, 5:44 am

My brain works in pictures.

I imagine the days of the week in a line, from Monday to Sunday.

Or I imagine my information storage as millions of flip books, very very large ones. Or maybe a file cabinet.

All I really know for sure, is The days of the week is like an inbuilt calender, ina line.

I don't know if NT's think like that or not, but I think having AS will make me/us actually think about something deep like this.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2004, 11:01 am

I think my mind is a bit like a pinball machine 8) , thoughts bouncing off all the sides, flicking from one part to another really quickly. there's lots of colours, patterns and flashing lights- generally lots of stuff that doesnt need to be there but can be quite entertaining :) . Of course the ball occasionally gets stuck and the machine needs shaking to get it rolling again :roll:

Sonas càirdeas

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2004, 11:47 am

The left side of my Brain works like a Movie Screen, and the right side of my Brain is like a Picture Book. I have a very Visual Mind.

RadioHead
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Dec 2004, 2:22 am

Lot's and lot's of chatter. Songs, or parts of songs. Sometimes with a vague visual accompaniment, but the visuals are gennerally there to express the 'mood' of the sounds/music in my head.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2004, 11:10 am

i'm just a mess.

i'm like an ADD fly on crack. it doesn't help that i can't tell what things are real and what aren't o.o

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2004, 1:45 pm

I don't know how my mind works. All I know is that it's really hard to shut off at night. I dream every night. I always remember my dreams. My mind is working all day long. I'm never bored, even when I have nothing to do. There is always so much to think about! It's like an endless ticker tape. That "stream of consciousness" thing. Never a dull - or quiet - moment!

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2004, 2:43 pm

That's what its like in my head exactly too Cindy- I drive Dunc mad cos I can never seem to switch it off. It can be really hard to concentrate sometimes though cos of all the stuff that's going on in there.

Mel

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 8:59 am

I don't really know how my mind really works. It feels like my mind is divided into many differen't sections and some of the sectons are thinking about differen't things at the same time. My memorie works on triggers. It is very hard for me to remeber things with out some one or some thing reminding me about the thing and then my memories come back with almost photographic detail.
I don't think im much of a visual thinker. Some times I think visually and I used to think that way all the time. Trying to imagen atoms and how the univerese and people and every thing worked with a visual representation of it.

Im not sure really of how my mind works. It seems pretty chaotic to me but ordered at the same time. I rember things like things are all nicely packed away in files and they just need to be called forwards for meto remeber them. But what my mind does with memories and thoughts once they are called is like some sort of brillent chaos of interest its a pitty I can't remeber all of my thoughts about differen't things and communicate them to others. But my memorie works mostly on facts so that rules that sort of things out.

I need to work on finding some more triggers so I can get my mind back into overdrive again :)