Yes 86%  86%  [ 12 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14

_Russell_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Hi guys!

If everyone could PLEASE be sure to check out my interview w/ KOLO 8, I would truly appreciate it! Please let me know what you think and please "like" the video! THANKS!! !! !! !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbMqohDmJA

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 11:44 am

Nice. Good to see someone out there, representing the autistic community. Thanks for the link!

Ellingtonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

I thought the interviewer seemed a little condescending, but I am quite interested in the book. Is there anywhere online I can read some excerpts?

jonny23
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 12:00 pm

Ellingtonia wrote:
I thought the interviewer seemed a little condescending, but I am quite interested in the book. Is there anywhere online I can read some excerpts?

News people always seem that way to me. Cool interview!

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm

Going on the TV like that is super brave, good luck with your book.

Lexa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

Ellingtonia wrote:

Agreed. She was a bit that way but I don't think it was out of malice. Most people aren't quite sure where Autism fits in the scheme of things. They know Autistic people can be or are very intelligent, but also that it is a 'condition' or syndrome that requires a diagnosis, and that it therefore must also require some alterations to their normal behaviour set that they usually use with non-Autistics. Because of the almost dichotomous situation in which they find themselves, they don't seem to know (in my opinion) how to talk to people with Asperger's or Autism. "Should I talk up or down to this person?", "This person is lucid, smart, and looks completely normal but has a condition that changes something about them but I don't really know exactly what..." etc. They usually pick a friendly but somewhat condescending tone, as if they are talking to a highly intelligent child.

About the interview: if I'm honest, my main thoughts were: 1. I'm jealous of your bone structure and 2. I feel so strongly for you about the hard times in your life - I remember pain like that and I shudder to think of anyone else feeling the same.

Last edited by Lexa on 05 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

Congratulations, Russell Lehmann; you have officially inspired me, and I am not easily inspired by people.
I am also a poet who is likely on the autistic spectrum (I don't have my own anthology published yet, though my poetry is published in different local anthologies). I look forward to reading your work. :)

Edit; I've read a few exerts from your website. Your poetry truly is beautiful. :)
His Exerts

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

Excellent interview, and I will definitely be looking up your book.

_Russell_

07 Jun 2012, 10:47 am

Thanks for all the generous comments guys!

_Russell_

07 Jun 2012, 10:48 am

Ellingtonia wrote:
I am quite interested in the book. Is there anywhere online I can read some excerpts?

You can read a few excerpts from some of my poems on my website at http://www.autisticpoet.com/poetry.php . Hope this helps!

_Russell_

07 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Excellent interview, and I will definitely be looking up your book.

Thanks a lot! You can check out my book on my website http://www.autisticpoet.com or on amazon and Barnes & Noble.