Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 4:49 pm

Today I went with my mom and saw some of her coworker friends and striked up a conversation which IMO fell flat. I felt like todd man out it was strange. Of course I have nothing in common with these people who aren't even my age but it still felt odd. I've went out to lunch with my sister with her coworker friends and overall felt weird except for this one guy Joey who we see alot I feel comfortable striking up conversation with my sister/Joey but with my moms workers,or even my sisters girlfriends I feel out of place and odd is this ok/normal for AS? I know we have social issues but does this situation apply to that?

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 5:15 pm

You're totally normal there, AS or NT. Absolutely okay to feel like that. NTs are either better at coping with it or better at interacting and making the feelings go away. We are more acutely aware and affected by them. Good observation.

Trwn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2009, 5:15 pm

I think this is maybe normal for everyone.

You are focusing on AS issues, in order to indentify them and so feel more confortable. But anyone can feel uncomfortable and get bored with some people or in some social situations. That's why the word "bore" exists in the general dictionary.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 5:27 pm

Ok I thought being social and chatting normally was an NT thing and me feeling odd was perhaps AS but since I know it's an everyone thing and not AS I feel kind of better LOL! :-) Thanks. :-)

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 11:58 am

... and reading that makes me feel good because I helped someone else feel good. Win-win!