When people worry about or feel sorry for you

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 10:26 am

How many people are like me when it comes to this?

I never liked it when anyone felt sorry for me or worried about me because that means they find me pathetic and have little or no confidence in me.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:48 pm

I don't like people feeling sorry for me or complimenting me. I've gotten used to the being worried about me (can take it from my one mom).

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:58 pm

I don't like it either. I'd like consideration but not concern or pity.

Justin6378
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2009, 6:15 pm

mostly i hate it, to me it makes people look down on me and not take me seriously.
I don't need peoples pity, it just makes me feel pathetic :cry:

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 6:52 pm

I have trouble when people worry about me even if they believe in me and don't look down on me.. Like, if they're worried and want to help me, then it's even worse if I fail, and I don't really know how to ask for help, so if someone says like "let me know if you ever need to talk" I totally don't know what to do.. I don't want to waste their time, and I still don't know how to approach them even after they've made the offer. Usually if I'm upset I want to hide and/or cuddle up next to my dog. The concept of starting a conversation with someone when I'm already feeling overwhelmed just doesn't work.. I'm not CAPABLE of doing it. So then I feel as though I'm bad for having rejected someone's help.. I appreciate when someone is worried and wants to help, but then there's this pressure to like go to them when I'm having a meltdown.. and how the HELL am I supposed to do that?!

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 9:44 pm

It might be my Scorpio side, but i don't exactly care when they look down on me, because then i can stab them in the back with my success (ofc i have to watch out for my ever inflating ego at that time <.< )

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

26 Jun 2009, 10:37 pm

I can't say that I've ever had anyone feel sorry for me but I would hate it because I've got nothing to feel sorry about.
It's not like I'm sick or physically unable to do a lot of things.