Feeling the opposite of most autistics...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 10:45 am

I'm not the most verbal as some of you know, my speech is a lot of random words, made up jargon, and echolalia and maybe mini sentences. When i'm not stressed, I'm usually very calm, more giggling, more in my own world, and my speech can be from nothing to just random words. When i'm stressed though, I'm usually very hyper, my behavior is ten times more unpredictable, have no emotion except anger, can be very violent and wait this is the weird part, i'm more verbal, I'll actually say complete sentences and usually be yelling them out :roll: ! !! I cant figure it out, why that happens only when im anger or stressed im more verbal. Yesterday was a good example of it, my whole routine got thrown off due to weather i thought i could handle it, no i def couldnt, i instead punched my bf straight in the eye, broke glass everywhere, attacked him and anything that came near me, i just screamed, i went from extreme hyperness like climbing on the tables and counters and couches boucning around screeching to yelling destroying everything in my path 8O , not only because of the routine but because it was thunderstorming so bad our window started leaking, the power went out, the dog was acting weird and the cat was seconds away from attacking ppl or dogs as well haha so a lot of tension. When im the most verbal my family stays wary of me because that usually means not a good thing, that im angry or upset about something, weird huh? I know most autistics when get stressed lose their voice, i gain a voice haha :? . Anybody else feel like sometimes their the opposite of most autistics :?:

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 11:28 am

When I get angry I usually become more articulate. My vocabulary expands and that's one way others can tell when I'm really pissed off. Anger is perhaps the easiest emotion for me to identify within myself, and the first I began to really get a handle on when I began developing an increased emotionality in recent years.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:05 pm

I don't really talk to my mom much, but if she angers me, I let it all fly right out @_@

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:55 pm

sgrannel wrote:
When I get angry I usually become more articulate. My vocabulary expands and that's one way others can tell when I'm really pissed off. Anger is perhaps the easiest emotion for me to identify within myself, and the first I began to really get a handle on when I began developing an increased emotionality in recent years.

like this for me to i become more focused and direct than i usually am and people say i glare.

my family describes it as scary and a complete turn around than how i usually act.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:16 pm

wow so glad im not alone, i jus took a video of my pecs book for this parent who wanted to see what they looked like and i tried to describe which one i liked the best, and how this is my pec books and i sound like im freaking 2 so idk if i want to post it now, and towards the end of it i got really excited and u can tell in my voice, anyways the point is since i rambled off agian lol, the most i get verbal is when im upset, stressed or angry then everybody is like wow, i hate when im angry or stressed too, so it almost seems i hate being verbal when i dont jus wish i was more verbal the rest of the time ya know. anyways thanks for posting!!

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:20 pm

im more traditional so to say, when i meltdown i dont talk to anyone,stimming

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:46 pm

When I get angry I automatically detach and get very formal and icy.
When someone gets angry at me I babble and quail.
I'm curious though, I am familiar with shutdowns but I can't imagine myself totally losing control in a meltdown. I'm not effectively verbal in either situation.
Does anything help to avoid them or stop them after they started?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 4:29 pm

Not for me. You just kind of have to wait until they blow over. People trying to intervene make it worse, so I generally try to get someplace where there won't be any people, and it's over a lot faster that way.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 5:01 pm

Not me. I talk less when I'm upset. I know that anger helps me focus, but it's helpful.
I think better and more clearly. Lately I've been deliberately cultivating it.
I'm normally such a hopeless wimp.

I bet that there's something in there that you can use. I don't know exactly what or how.
If you can pin down some element of the stress that helps, without making you angry or unpredictable. Maybe someday they'll do research on this and figure out some mindset that you can turn on and off.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 5:12 pm

Yes, when I get angry it builds up so quickly it is wise to remove myself from the situation because otherwise I react, usually taking it out on someone verbally... I need my space when I am angry. What is the worst when someone thinks touching me when I am angry is a good idea, it just makes me even angrier.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 3:57 am

Trying to keep someone inside who's angry is a bad idea..