Do you ever feel like you don't belong in this world?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LeonSKennedy827
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2006, 6:07 pm

I feel like this all the time, though unlike most feelings of this kind, it's not just because of the people in school (Even if that is a factor), but everything.

I'm alone whenever I can be, I spend all my time in front of some kind of screen, in my own world (A Video game world I beleive is almost real while on my Xbox, and a 2nd life while on my computer)

And when not in front of a PC Screen, I'm listening to music and doing the same thing, not caring about the life I have outside of my own mind, it really does make me feel like I don't belong here sometimes

Anyone else feel like this?

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2006, 6:36 pm

yep, i'm the same way. if it's not some game or the computer, i'm dreamin worlds up in my mind, and if i'm really lucky, writing them down.
april

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 6:55 pm

I posted this elsewhere here tonight, composed long before I got my diagnosis of As:

"I used to have lots of problems but, by careful study and analysis, I've reduced them all down to one key issue. Now, if only I can remember where I've parked my space-ship."

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2006, 7:04 pm

Emettman wrote:
I posted this elsewhere here tonight, composed long before I got my diagnosis of As:

"I used to have lots of problems but, by careful study and analysis, I've reduced them all down to one key issue. Now, if only I can remember where I've parked my space-ship."

I love that! I might end up quoting that if anyone asks me what my problem is :P

I assume all our spaceships have been towed away to some underground secure area for being parked illegally :(

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 8:03 pm

Tails wrote:
I assume all our spaceships have been towed away to some underground secure area for being parked illegally :(

I've seen that too:

"Diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2006, 8:06 pm

:( That explains a lot (and is also another quote I'm going to memorise!)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 8:14 pm

I don't feel like I don't belong here.

But I do however live in at least 5 dream worlds.

hybrid
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2006, 8:39 pm

I think that's why this site is called WrongPlanet! :D

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2006, 8:41 pm

I'm definitely on the wrong planet. I should be on Mobius! (Yes, I'm THAT Sonic-obsessed... *looks for Chaos Emeralds to warp there with*)

hybrid
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2006, 8:44 pm

Tails wrote:
*looks for Chaos Emeralds to warp there with*

It's when I say things like that (but then not about Sonic because I don't know anything about it) that people look at me with a weird face and almost get angry at me :lol:

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2006, 8:49 pm

:lol: Yes, I suppose that was rather a "weird look" kind of comment, I suppose... good thing I'm among people who (hopefully) won't be too bothered. I guess I can seem pretty "out there" at times when I talk about my obsessions as if they were real. Even saying that was hard, because they really are real to me. I must be crazy. Oh well.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 9:00 pm

I have never belonged to this world. I have lived in My own world for years. I don't really mine it either.

Liorda
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2006, 10:27 pm

I don't want to be here. That is all I can think about and have since I can remember. I am not sure what it means though. I have read the above and wonder if I just don't want to be awake but unconscience but aware!! ! :? I don't know!!

I get the wierd looks also, always wondered why - I was just stating a fact. I guess everyone doesn't know though. :lol:

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 10:33 pm

I have always felt like I didn't belong, ever since I was a tiny child. (I'm 37 now and the feeling remains) I've always felt like an outsider, observing and cataloging and critiquing everyone else. Even when I have tried to become an "insider", which is rare, I have always been painfully aware that even though I may be accepted, it still just doesn't feel right and if I were very transparent with people, they would shy away from me, or at best, still not understand me. I used to live in my own world, but it was too lonely and disfunctional. Breaching the walls into the real world is stressful and tiring, but worth it. It is part of becoming more real and is what we were created for: relationship. I accept that I'm on the other side of "normal"; not everyone else. I still can't play by others rules all of the time, and many times refuse to do so. I find those who will accept me, even if they don't understand me. This really is the highest form of love, I think.
Living in an unreality is tempting, at times, but it takes me farther from functioning and feeling and living than I want to go. I used to think that this distance and unfamiliarity was because I belong to God and this world really isn't my final destination, just a starting point to eternity. I have realized, however, that this can't be so, because even people in my church who believe the same as I, don't fully understand or accept me. Of course, they do on some level, but not totally. In fact, even people here on WrongPlanet don't accept me, so I think that I have to be willing to be misunderstood and still love people and know that I may always be "out of sync" with others. I have a great family, a few close friends, and lots of acquaintances (if only I could recognize them!!).
I always want everything to be figured out right now! I guess the "knowing and being known" will have to wait.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 10:39 pm

I sometimes feel unbelonged, but have a tremendous resistance to the ignorant "real world".
My internal soul usually pushes me to my capabilities and I wouldn't change a thing about myself even if I was realistically capable of doing so. :wink:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 12:25 am

I feel that I don't belong in this world. I feel that I belong in the 1960s, when there seemed to be more love, and everything was more attractive.