Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 2:44 am

I finally had my appointment with a psychologist the other day. I got a diagnosis of Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified/ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'm relieved to at least be diagnosed on the autistic spectrum...I've been obsessing over it for so long that I didn't think I would know what to do if was diagnosed as Neurotypical. She said getting a diagnosis of Asperger's takes a long time and costs a lot of money that I don't have, but she can be absolutely sure that I'm on the autistic spectrum. I don't need to know if I have Asperger's or not. I just needed to know that I belong here, on this website, in some form. I changed my profile to "Have Asperger's diagnosed" just because there is no "have PDD-NOS" That's all I wanted to say.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 6:37 am

I think you belong here if your curiosity about ASD is genuine and you want to have a constructive dialogue about it :) . But I do understand how you feel. I was officially diagnosed with major depressive disorder in the mid 1990's although I found out as a youth they were considering Schizoid. That was too soon after Asperger's was available. Just 8 years ago my (then) counselor had never heard of it. I think I am probably PDD-NOS as well because my communication and behavior symptoms are so mild.

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 12:18 am

well,congrats for the diagnosis

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 4:07 am

I have had some OCD traits, and OCD runs in my family as well...and my place on the spectrum...be it legit....might possibly be PDD-NOS...