Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2009, 7:32 am

Hey, just wondering if anyone would be interested in an Aspergers Stickam room made specifically for aspergers people who would like to chat. You may be wondering what Stickam is, well it is a site where you can stream your webcam and microphone in a chat room where you can also just type if you want to. Consider it like MSN groupchat, but you are not limited to just text, you have many other options. There you can have one ADMIN the "Big dog" of the room and then the admin can choose as many people they want to help moderate the room. Consider Stickam like facebook and myspace, in which you can create an account (Your profile), but also communicate live with webcam, mic, and/or text. I've been using Stickam for quite some time and it's a great site but seeing as many of the people and mods on the site are rather troll-like and will kick for petty reasons, the idea came up.

Waiting to hear your thoughts...

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 7:40 am

aspie chat ? sounds great ^^

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2009, 6:57 pm

Well it seems only you and I are up to it lol... I guess nobody else is interested, what a shame. It could be a lot of fun or at the least a learning experience. I actually met somebody with aspergers in one of the chat rooms not too long ago. There's definitely some "Aspies" traveling through the site. I just thought since many are looking for instant message chat, this would be a great idea, combining not only the chat part, but other aspects as well. The site gives a realer feeling to communicating than say similar services...

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2009, 7:17 pm

I've thought that would be a great idea for years. Every time I've ever mentioned it in the WrongPlanet IRC chat room, people always tell me they want nothing to do with it. It's the whole self-consciousness aspect of Aspergers, I've been told that it would seem too much like real life, how that's a bad thing I don't know since it could be like a real life support group, which are apparently popular.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2009, 8:37 pm

They'll chat on IRC, but not on Stickam... that doesn't make sense to me... Stickam has helped me with self consciousness. It has also helped me better interact with NT people. A lot of people (aspergers included) are even referred by doctors and therapists to use Stickam to better their communication skills.

nikki_is_stellar
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2009, 6:43 pm

I'm on stickam all the time, and I agree it has helped me better with my self consciousness and I've made a few friends that I either talk to on a regular basis or have met them in person.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 8:57 pm

Not familiar; my schedule makes it a challenge, and more face time with people would be a real difficulty for me. But it would be something I'd like to hear more about.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!