Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 2:56 pm

I've noticed that while growing up, I tended to copy some behaviors. Not merely from humans, either. I can 'rowr' like a cat, or growl, or some of those other things, especially since I owned a cat for a short time. It has gotten to the point where I wouldn't say I was 'furry' but that part of my brain thinks I'm a cat. When I'm startled I may automatically "ROWR!" and if I'm sleepy, my 'beast mode' takes over and is alert, especially while driving.

Now, I'd like to know, how many other AS people find themselves copying animal behavior? And to what extent does AS lead to or contribute to someone discovering their interest in things relating to "Furry"?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 3:29 pm

I understand that. I've been known to growl, purr and mimic other noises of cats. It's almost known that when I yowl, it's a sign that I'm pretty angry.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 3:36 pm

I'm VERY good at mimicking cat noises, and often randomly meow :roll: I can also meow louder than I can scream! 8O

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 3:41 pm

heck, sometimes I greet people with a 'erowr'. And sometimes to get the attention of family members. Then they know it's me.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 5:36 pm

Yeah I frequently use animal postures. I like to hold myself in a crouch on all limbs like a cat hunting...Go figure.

I also like making cat like noises. Used to do it a lot as a kid, less now.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

Yiff in hell furries :wink:

Oh. In my case. I guess when I was younger-but I mimicked mecha more often when younger (AT-ST walkers or Gundams, etc). Still do in some cases.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 6:06 pm

The nice thing about a small family where everyone is either an Aspie or a cat is it's OK to walk around meowing for no particular reason. :)

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 6:39 pm

i purr when i'm happy, mrowr when i'm needy, and have conversations with my cats.

sometimes i speak english. sometimes i speak cat. it's a pretty useless conversation since they don't understand the meaning of the words i say and i can't really hold a conversation in cat so much as mrowr back mockingly.

i think they get it close enough though.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 8:13 pm

Not furry. Therian. *Shrug*

But I do have some animal mannerisms; and speech. Mostly feline and canine, with some rodent/rat, and the odd whatever else. I growl, hiss, mrr, brrrt, sometimes/frequently yawn with my mouth wide open and the tongue curling (even curling out somewhat at times), often wag my leg (in place of that missing tail), ect, whatever.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Trwn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

I don't mimic animal movings, but I like to copy their sounds. Latest and upmost, of cats, to whom I'm allergic.

I'm not using them in my daily life, but I can stop in the middle of a street trying to comunicate with them, which is mostly crazy.

I do really miaow, in my way.

As a child, I used to purr. I can also almost chirp and make the "owl sound", but that last with my hands, it's not so worthy :roll:

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 8:26 pm

waltur wrote:
i purr when i'm happy, mrowr when i'm needy, and have conversations with my cats.

sometimes i speak english. sometimes i speak cat. it's a pretty useless conversation since they don't understand the meaning of the words i say and i can't really hold a conversation in cat so much as mrowr back mockingly.

i think they get it close enough though.

I used to actually be able to "talk" with my cat.

I could say something in a high pitched yowl, I will never know exactly what it meant, but she would nuzzle me whenever I did that.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 10:11 pm

BelindatheNobody wrote:
Not furry. Therian. *Shrug*.

So you link to an Elenari (Otherkin) site? LOL. How is that different?

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 10:50 pm

Warsie wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:

They share very little in common. Furries are people who enjoy RPing as anthropomorphic animals, enjoy the art, dressing as them, etc. Therians are people spiritually connected to animals, or who believe they have the soul of a non-human.

ginbot86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2009, 11:16 pm

I don't do things like mimic cats and such, but am a furry.

Yiff in hell? Well, if all furries are going there, then it wouldn't be as bad down there! :lol:

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 12:08 am

Sati wrote:
Warsie wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:

They share very little in common. Furries are people who enjoy RPing as anthropomorphic animals, enjoy the art, dressing as them, etc. Therians are people spiritually connected to animals, or who believe they have the soul of a non-human.

Exactly. Thank you.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 12:43 am

Sati wrote:

Yo you're saying there's little overlap in people who are Elenari and Furries-that there aren't people who are both? Those who dress and RP as animals do to because they feel connected to non-human people. At the most Therians are a more broad spectrum of the same people who make up Furries :?: