Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Sep 2009, 3:02 pm

but is it phenominal cosmic power? :wink:

PhilipWHolland
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2009, 5:16 pm

But under what circumstances may the technology acquire consciousness and spirit?

I suppose we can't answer that until we find out where we got ours. :D

"...you don't think an aspie board would be very authentic without some argumentative pontificating, I defend argumentative pontificating because I myself am prone to such. Although, I am only trying to be factual and help

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2009, 6:08 pm

/\ You cannot predict the future, but these projections and trends are amazing.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 6:38 pm

Where did he get all that info???

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2009, 1:47 pm

/\ Simple analysis of information statistics from census data, CIA World Factbook, and extrapolation of trends based on futurists' projections.

PhilipWHolland
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2009, 3:37 pm

What exactly is a futurist?

That sounds like some sort of radical ideology more than a professional in statistical extrapolation, not that that's a bad thing.

"...you don't think an aspie board would be very authentic without some argumentative pontificating, I defend argumentative pontificating because I myself am prone to such. Although, I am only trying to be factual and help

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 5:12 pm

People have always believed they live in uniquely special times. Maybe they always have.

Quote:
But under what circumstances may the technology acquire consciousness and spirit?
I suppose we can't answer that until we find out where we got ours. :D

And even before that, we have to find out what they actually are and if they even exist at all. The world could function exactly as it does, without either of these theoretical constructs.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 5:18 pm

ManErg wrote:
People have always believed they live in uniquely special times. Maybe they always have.

Well sure. That's where all those doomsday prophecies are coming from. People hate the thought of the World going on after their death. Not just going on, but thriving and improving. So they come up with this conceit where their own years are unique and special. (And then the world ends, but about that some other time.)

That said, these *are* pretty exciting times. The Internet for pete's sake! 8O Who would have though of a virtual world everyone could tap into through a little box? And then there's the space program and advances in medicine and robotics? Bring it on. Also we are on the verge of building telescopes that can see all the way to the beggining of the Universe. w00t! I for one am excited to see what they'll find.