Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 6:05 pm

This is among the coolest thing anyone has ever done for me - you guys know my 16yoa cat died on 2/16 leaving me and his brother all alone - and I've been kitten hunting . . .

So three days before my birthday I get this message saying 'Stop looking for kittens for a while' and then get informed that I'm being picked up at 9:30am on my birthday to get two surprises . . .
(Now, in the interim I have been applying online for kittens from humane societies and, vegan, animal welfare nut I am, am amazed that I've been rejected by several of them and not contacted by the rest)

Well, I get picked up by one person I know and we go to this house where my best friend is waiting and go inside and there are not just two 4 week old kittens waiting for me, but the two I had most wanted from one of the humane societies - when I asked my best friend about this he said 'Well, I am one of your references . . .' - so what he had done was reserve these two and then gave bad references to the rest of the agencies . . . so the lady that rescued these kittens said they will be ready to go on 3/22 but possibly before now that she had met me and seen that I will be a good kitty parent . . .
They are very cute - Jeremy is a tuxedo cat with a black nose (looks like he is wearing a Roman helmet) and a white cat with 2 brown spots around his ears and a brown tail - his name is Michael . . .
They paid ahead for the neuters and all three rounds of kitten shots (which is quite a bit of money)

The only bad thing about this is that I'm still recovering from Seth's death - I was totally disassociated and losing large chunks of time during and shortly after that happened and now I am depressed and spacy and very prone to shutdown and about an hour processing delay for useful information - so it wasn't until an hour later that I realized what had happened on more than a basic level so I had to email both of them and say 'thank you - sorry my brain still isn't working well' - which I was glad I did because they didn't know how to interpret my reaction - but they both know well enough that how I appear to react may or may not be accurate . . .

Anyway, I've ordered a little kitty stroller and leashes for the little boogers and got a dish for their kitten food and some steps for Gideon so they can follow him up on the bed (he is old and has arthritis) . . . I keep hoping that I can get them before 3/22 . . . I'm still very depressed, but at least in 16 days I'll have new children to distract me . . .

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 6:12 pm

Congrats , animalover hope u ll find the happiness u r seeking for .

RRG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: Constantly traveling Between Mobius , Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom

06 Mar 2006, 7:46 pm

I love Kittens. Can I say, congrats and Give Em a Pat from Me :D

and ya know what they say about Kittens.... Kittens were invented to trick people into buying cats.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 10:16 pm

I hope your Birthday is Pur-fect. :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 11:35 pm

Ohh.. is your birthday march 7?

ME TOO!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

We can be birthday buddies !

PinkPanther
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2006, 6:47 am

I'm sorry to hear about Seth's passing but it sounds like he had a happy love-filled life with you. He was a lucky cat to have found you. You'll probably always miss Seth but the kittens will distract you and make you laugh at their cuteness and cleverness. Kittens are so much fun and require a lot of energy. I love cats and kittens. I hope Gideon accepts and enjoys the new family members from the moment he meets them.

:jester: Happy Birthday :jester:

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 9:27 am

I hope you take really good care for those cats. Happy late birthday greeting to you.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 11:43 pm

My birthday is actually 3/3 - sorry hale-bopp . . .

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2006, 10:38 am

animallover,don't forget to get some photos of them up here when they arrive!

Re.Jeremy the Tuxedo cat.
Is Tuxedo an actual breed,or a colour name for black and white?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Tally
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2006, 4:30 pm

Awww, kittens are lovely!! !

You'll never replace Seth, but having the kittens will give you something positive to focus on, and will help you to feel better.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 11:32 am

I've just always heard cats with a black body and white underside (and usually a white face, but Jeremy doesn't have a white face except his lower jaw) as tuxedo cats . . .

Someone will have to tell me how to post pictures on here as I've tried and nothing happened . . .

Yeah, I'm not trying to replace Seth, but Gideon is terribly depressed and so am I and usually Gideon cheers me up so with him depressed it is a nasty cycle . . .