Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 6:35 pm

I am just wondering what people are aim for in life. What you want to achieve and maybe what goals you have for the future.

My goals are to get a decent paying job doing something I enjoy most likely some thing to do with computers or maybe accounting. I want to get a wife at some stage in the future but not yet I just want to date a few girls now and not have to think about wheither we have a future or not yet. Um wow things were so much more complex in my head but i've sumed it up really well.

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2005, 6:41 pm

Figure myself out.
Stop worrying what others think.
Be happy.
Survive.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 6:45 pm

World domination nothing less!

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2005, 7:24 pm

i want to go to college and get a job in communications and anthropology.i plan on travling the world learning about other people . get me a new life and just start over

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 7:48 pm

Yeah one of the way that I plan to get a job doing some thing I enjoy is through studying. Im planning to start studying computers and computer net works in Feb. Learning more about people is some thing that I always want to do.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 8:12 pm

I'm aiming for anything and everything evil :twisted:

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2005, 8:19 pm

Five years ago, I thought I knew what I aimed for. I was going to graduate college at the top of my class, and go to a prestigious law school, and become a kick-as* lawyer and make a lot of money. That was before I knew I had AS, and before I had a breakdown from the stress and exhaustion of having AS and not knowing it.

Now, my aims have changed. I want to know god and assist my neighbor when I can. Outside that, I find I really have very little control over what happens with my life, so aims aren't what they used to be.

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2005, 8:27 pm

My dream is to improve my photography skills to a point where I can sell images as a secondary income. For the present, I would like to continue working for the company I am currently employed with and dedicate my free time to photography and nurturing my creativity.

The absolute best future I could think of would be earning my entire living from photography, by selling images online and at juried art shows throughout the country. It isn’t a realistic goal and may require more dedication and creativity than I can muster, but it is something I dream about constantly. I’m just an amateur now, but want to be much more than that.

As long as I can continue to indulge my interests, (photography, hiking, backpacking) I will remain relatively content. There are so many places I want to go, I can easily spend the rest of my life wandering around outside. If I can remain physically active, living in a bohemian and minimalist way, I have a great chance of having a rewarding life. Of course, finding someone to share that life would be wonderful.

Hopefully I won’t lose focus tomorrow and want to be a gold miner again…

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 9:36 pm

For a long time my main goal was to become financially and emotionally independent. But I just recently accomplished that, so now I'm in the process of deciding what should come next. It's an odd feeling, actually. Life after baggage. I would turn to ethics, and think about what I could do to change the world for the better, except I haven't come to a satisfactory conclusion yet on the question of what right I have to attempt to impose my ethical standards on others. It's a fascinating question....

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 9:45 pm

I don't have any goals. I have no amibitions.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:04 pm

My dream is simple...get married, and be a wife and homeschooling mother my whole life. That's all, really. It would be nice to get some of my writings published, but that's not terribly important-just icing on the cake :)

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:14 pm

I want the usual independence. I'd like to find a nice AS girl and get married someday eventually, but I'm still undecided about kids. I'd like to go into some tye of computier related service job, such as computer forensics for law enforcment or maybe R&D for the military. Healthcare or emergency response could be satisfying too. I guiss if I had a wife, I could focus on her instead of what kind of job I have as long as I made enough money to make ends meet.

I always want to accomplish more than I feel capable of.

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2005, 10:20 pm

Get my Asscoiates in Human Services
get my bachlors in said degree
A new job dealing with Human Services
A sweet ride
A girlfriend, who I'll later marry
Adopt a few kids
Retire
Go in a home

Some of those aren't in order. :D

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:25 pm

currently:
Get mentally stable
Get a girlfriend
Get a job
Get a plan together for some sort of graduate education

pernicious_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2005, 12:23 am

Since failure is not an option, I think i'll just settle on eventual death ;)

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2005, 12:42 am

Get a sweet ride. Yeah I wanna get a better car than what I have got. My Toyota Corrolla doesn't have as much pick up speed as I would like. Im thinking a 2.2 litre Honda Prelude Vtec mite have enough power for me. (maybe)

I want to get a base of people with some similur interests to me that I can talk to and have the conversation flow. I want to be able to keep girlfriends not just get them. Getting them is the easy part.

I never want to give up on my self or the goals I have set my self. Looking at how bad my life was a year ago and how I have managed to improve on all the areas that I was finding were untolerable I think I should be able to achive my remaining goals.

Im not sure if the goal of mine of getting a decent paying job is achieveable but hopefully it is. It would be great if I got there with in 5 years

I think that once I reach my goals I should be fairly happy. I don't feel to bad now. But I know I can become alot happer.