Brainstorming on ideas for a sign....

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 1:21 pm

As some of you may know, I help run a venue, and my job when we have shows usually is to watch the bar.
Sometimes, when I am feeling particularly overloaded (like when the music is too loud and/or abrasive).....I can come off as somewhat rude to the customers..I don't want to..it just happens..especially if they joke with me in a way that i find disagreeable or ask me too many questions...or something...
The last time we had a punk show I hurt some poor liddle skinhead's feelings because I became increasingly agitated with his inability to read the giant purple sign that said WATER that was right behind him when he was asking where the water was....so he had to go cry to Flakey that I was mean to him...Also when i am overloaded, and people joke with me in certain ways, or are just too demanding, I can get stressed out....

I am not opposed to letting people who come to our place know that I am on the spectrum...and I have long contemplated posting a sign, specifically for times when I might not be doing too well so that customers will know to go easy on me....

I just need help with the wording...

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 2:39 pm

"Working brain will return shortly. We apologise for the inconvenience."

The year is still young.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 8:40 pm

Never mind I came up with the perfect sign..and I don't have to mention spectrumy stuff or anything :)

it goes like this:

HELLO! :)
THE BARTENDER MIGHT NOT BE VERY ARTICULATE RIGHT NOW

THE RESTROOMS ARE TO YOUR RIGHT :arrow:

ALL DRINKS ARE FOR DONATIONS..

and so on.....a list of what we have....

then

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

If things get sketchy, i point to the sign

so far, most people have chuckled at the sign, and have been more patient...