Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tearran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

I am trying to get a real career going and not just a job. I have been working with various recruiters in the technology fields.

One particular recruiter seemed promising. This recruiter contacted me through linkedin. The recruiter informed me that there was a job available that I seemed a fit for based on my profile. After sending the recruiter my contact info I was given a proficiency test to take. According to the recruiter I did very well on the test.

The recruiter wanted to set a in person meeting as a next step. The meeting was going well. I was not having any anxiety or any sensory problems and was quite comfortable. The recruiter seemed comfortable as well. On multiple occasions I was complimented on my skills on the test and responses to questions given.

I was given some info on what the next steps would entail. I would receive some more proficiency tests via email to other skills related to the field. I would receive these test later that day or the next. Also Instructions some minor changes I need to add remove from my resume etc.. As we were concluding the meeting The recruiter asked "By the way since you are not working now how are you making money? I replied "I am on disability for Autism" The next day I sent a thank you for the meeting email and looked forward to continuing the efforts. I have not received any of the communications that I was told to expect.

If asked I will not hide nor can I lie about my spectrum. Does the failure of the recruiter to follow through with the promises made seem like it could be due to discrimination?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 11:47 pm

Tearran wrote:
If asked I will not hide nor can I lie about my spectrum.

Ok, but according to your post the recruiter didn't actually ask you about being on the spectrum. Of course it's too late now, but you could have simply said that you receive benefits (without saying what they were for). That's still the truth. Better yet, you could have just said that you receive help with expenses. People also discriminate against welfare recipients.

Quote:
Does the failure of the recruiter to follow through with the promises made seem like it could be due to discrimination?

Depends on how long you've been waiting.

Tearran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2016, 12:23 am

starkid wrote:
Tearran wrote:
If asked I will not hide nor can I lie about my spectrum.

Ok, but according to your post the recruiter didn't actually ask you about being on the spectrum. Of course it's too late now, but you could have simply said that you receive benefits (without saying what they were for). That's still the truth. Better yet, you could have just said that you receive help with expenses. People also discriminate against welfare recipients.

Thank you! That is helpful confirmation As "I receive a stipend." was also suggested to me after the fact
starkid wrote:
Tearran wrote:
Does the failure of the recruiter to follow through with the promises made seem like it could be due to discrimination?

Depends on how long you've been waiting.

Three weeks have passed.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 12:27 am

Tearran wrote:
Three weeks have passed.

That seems like a long time, but it depends on whether an actual job was available or the recruiter was just trying to get a list of qualified people ready for the company's next hiring.

You could try calling or e-mailing to follow up. The recruiter may have simply forgotten about you.

Tearran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2016, 2:01 am

starkid wrote:
Tearran wrote:
Three weeks have passed.

That seems like a long time, but it depends on whether an actual job was available or the recruiter was just trying to get a list of qualified people ready for the company's next hiring.

You could try calling or e-mailing to follow up. The recruiter may have simply forgotten about you.

Thank you for the suggestions. The obvious steps to continue communications have been taken and can not be continued. Harassment has to be considered.

My intention is to contact the manager and ask for a recruiter that would not have a problem with working with me. Since the last recruter has a problem with ASD.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
QUOTE=0
 while [$QUOTE]; do
echo "[quote]Some quote[/quote]"
 done