Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2010, 1:35 am

I'm not sure if it's related, but I have a great deal of trouble watching 3-D movies. I have seen several over the years, with the latest one (Avatar) tonight. No matter the movie, the same thing happens. I get extremely nauseous, dizzy, and clammy. I end up taking the classes off, and closing my eyes for most of the movie. I end up there with a friend or family, and need to learn not to go to 3-D movies anymore. lol

Does anyone else have this trouble? No one else with me, any time, complained of this problem. I know it is a motion sickness issues, and it does happen to some people. I was just wondering if we were more prone.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 6:20 am

nope not to me

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 6:36 am

I just hate them.
It's unnecessary and annoying and it burns my eyes.

eddie1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2010, 6:59 am

I can survive and possibly even enjoy them when closing my eyes for about
1/3 of the time especially when the action appears close to you. Probably
a visual sensory thing.

Eddie

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 7:09 am

When I went to see Avatar I didn't even notice the 3D action for most of it. I was focusing more on the storyline though.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 7:22 am

I love 3D movies. It is definitely worth the extra few bucks since this is typically when parents don't bring small children in the theater. I haven't had that problem once with 3D, even the family-oriented movies.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 7:55 am

The movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth" is a weird shiny gold color when watched in 3D.

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2010, 8:27 am

I can't see 3D well, at best it just gives things a double edged blurry look. I never really saw the appeal. It breaks my concentration since I'm actually watching the storyline and not the images as much.

OuterBoroughGirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 10:34 am

I went to see Avatar with my boyfriend S recently. I didn't have a reaction as extreme as yours, but the 3D definitely bothered my eyes. At times, I just needed to close my eyes or remove the glasses momentarily. I talked to S about that afterwards. I know that he has some mild visual sensitivities. For instance, he often finds it impossible to sleep any longer once the sun is up, unless, he sleeps with an eye mask on. However, he said that the 3D glasses didn't cause him any eyestrain. That made me wonder a. Appart the time if I was the only one. Apparently, I'm not.

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 10:49 am

I'm good with 3D movies most of the time. I got a bit naucious in Avatar when they went to extreme hights.

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2010, 1:22 pm

I absolutely loved the story line, but the motion sickness ruined it for me. When I see it again, I'll avoid the 3-D completely.

WhittenKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2010, 3:49 pm

I can't see 3D movies due to my eye condition so when i do see 3D movies with friends it just looks like a regular movie. *shrug*

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 4:27 pm

I love 3D movies. I've seen two of them in my lifetime and I hope to see more of them. I'm also going to do my research in the Internet to see if I can find any 3D movies on DVD. Those are groovy movies. 8)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 7:54 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I love 3D movies. I've seen two of them in my lifetime and I hope to see more of them. I'm also going to do my research in the Internet to see if I can find any 3D movies on DVD. Those are groovy movies. 8)

I rented "Journey to the Center of the Earth"(2008) starring Brendan Fraser a while back, and it came with 3D glasses.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 8:11 pm

I saw Avatar in 3d and couldn't get used to the glasses. I don't wear sunnies and haven't worn spectacles since I was a kid. I kind of just held the glasses up in front of me and got through it fine after that.

In about 5-10 years you won't need the glasses any more.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 10:05 pm

I've never seen a 3-D movie, but I can't look at 3-D pictures without feeling a little seasick. They don't look 3 dimensional to me, they just look like 2 pictures overlapping in a wobbly way.