Maybe it's better for me to keep my mouth shut!! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 9:17 pm

I asked my sister why she didn't shop Victoria Secret anymore she said she couldn't afford it and she gave all those bras to me. She was kind of rude IMO. The music was playing in the store and my sister was singing along then she said it's getting annoying I said "Well you were just singing it a minute ago" (AKA me being logical) Ya I KNOW but now it's gone on for too long! I started talking about the Sea World whale incident and started with that whale that killed everybody (since it has killed in the past) and my sister snaped SHHH!! !! ( I almost had a meltdown over that one) Yes 3 issues at one store in one night. :-( I suck!! !! !! !! :-(

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2010, 9:54 pm

To me, I wouldn't have stayed around even this long Zelda. I've read a lot of your posts regarding these issues with your family. Personally, I think that things will cool off and they will gain some perspective when you aren't always around. They have difficulties dealing with the things that make you a separate individual from them. It seems to kind of turning into an automated response to put you down as soon as you show signs that you are different. Today wasn't as bad as some of your other posts, but it's still not what I would consider a healthy family dynamic. I can't say what you should do, I don't know you or your family well enough. But I would have pulled up stakes and moved out and interaction with me would be minimum until they started appreciating me for who I am and not who they think I should be. That's just my view. Whatever you do, I hope things get better for you.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 10:27 pm

From what I read, it seemed to me that your sister was the one overreacting & was the one with the problem, not you. I didn't see one wrong thing about anything you said to her.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:25 pm

lyricalillusions wrote:
From what I read, it seemed to me that your sister was the one overreacting & was the one with the problem, not you. I didn't see one wrong thing about anything you said to her.

i thought this too.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 4:20 am

Your sister shows obvious psychological impaiments, shopping and singing along with the music is something like standing on the street corner and talking to yourself.

She knew she was going over the edge, wanted to get away, and you go and point it out.

Singing and dancing to the Muzak in a retail outlet, DSM 0.0219.

Gifting to try to overcome the feeling of out of control bra spending. DSM 0.0416.

Fear of being grabbed by the hair by an Orca playing Barbie. DSM 0.0630.1.

Tolerance and acceptance of behavior will not help, or make it worse.

The proper response is Un hu, Ya, and the universal, OK, without the sarcastic or questioning tone.

Sister is the most unguarded of mental states, the subject may say or do anything, and expect to be kept as a family member. Consider it.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 7:05 am

She did give you some free things, which is nice unless they are explosive devices but I assume that they are not, therefore it is nice.

I do not know if there is anything you can do about this sort of behaviour.
It is pretty common.
Although I do not know, maybe there is some kind of thing that can be done.
If there is a thing, I would like to know because my sister does this and I do not like it but she goes out a lot and does some odd things with her friends so I cannot be sure of her mental stability.
I wonder if they are going to try to put the whale down so to speak because people have put animals down when they have done a lot better.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 12:07 pm

I don't know if it counts as lucky or not - my family was and is so mutually uninvolved that there is only one with whom I can have Green Monkey interactions, and he did not start until a few years ago. The who;le family prided itself on being weird [in vastly different ways, mind you] and I am far from the least competent nregotiating the world, though I think likely the only Aspie [one brother POSSIBLY].

Anyhow - you cannot win, but you can minimize the risk of losing. I forget who is said to have said it, but whoever he was he was said to have said [say THAT 6 times fast] "I have never regretted NOT saying something"

My offended / offensive brother I am as of three days ago officially NOT communicating with. That makes my family unanimous.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 12:52 pm

Sorry your family are such asses to you.

Good luck moving out soon. *hugs