I have a really strange issue. i need someone to talk to...

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

WhoopiGoldsperg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2010, 5:57 pm

First off, let me start by saying I was diagnosed with OCD at the age of 6. My parents wanted a second opinion so I was taken to another doctor who diagnosed me with OCD and AS. I'm 17 years old now. Junior in high school. All of my life has been a struggle, but I feel like lately I've been able to keep myself under control, worrying less about things that society deems pointless, and picking up social norms more easily.

However, there is one thing that I've been doing since middle school that I cannot bring myself to stop.

Whenever I'm in my parents minivan, I really can't help but to taste the windows. I don't know why. There's something about the cool condensation mixed with the bland taste of the glass exciting my tongue. And once I start I feel like it's almost my job to make sure all of the window gets 'tasted," so it's really hard to stop. I think this is the OCD. My parents used to try to get me to stop, but now they just kinda accept it. In their car it's really bad. At first, I'll try to resist the urge, but eventually I'll lean my face up against the window. Then I just start to rub my lips against it. Pretty soon it will evolve into a kind of kissing, then licking. On long rides it gets really bad. My parents say it actually appears as if I'm making out with the window! In other people's cars, I usually can control it. However, now that my best friend Tommy has gotten his license we've been driving around a lot and I've started doing it in his car too. He said something to me earlier today about it, and I didn't know what to say.

Anyway, can anybody help me out with this? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advanced guys.

WhoopiGoldsperg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2010, 6:01 pm

Oh God. Is there any way I can fix the title? I didn't capitalize the "I."

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:02 pm

Eat a hard candy or lollipop while in the vehicle instead?

WhoopiGoldsperg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2010, 6:08 pm

buryuntime wrote:
Eat a hard candy or lollipop while in the vehicle instead?

Tried this. It didn't work. Whenever I eat hard candy I bite into it and then try to shape all the pieces in my mouth into 3-dimensional congruent shapes using my teeth and tongue before it melts. Eating any sort of sweets typically excite my ticks.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:24 pm

Maybe you like the structure of glass so much, I know a cat who licks toiletpaper packaging for some reason - maybe related :wink:.

Buy a salt licking stone, it might help.

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2010, 6:29 pm

find a stim toy? you might be a bit old for this but on the internet you can buy rubber things to put around your neck so you can have something sanitary to chew on instead... i don't really have any way of getting one so instead i have a necklace (that i don't take off anyway) that i got in high school band (everyone in my section got one and 3 of us never take them off because band was REALLY important to us) and basically it's just a piece of aluminum on a cord.. when i need something to put in my mouth i just use that instead of something less sanitary like my hands or random objects. so find something socially acceptable to put around your neck (or just something you like) and it'll be a bit less weird

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:29 pm

sushi?

reasoning." --William Blake

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2010, 6:30 pm

graywyvern wrote:
sushi?

what does sushi have to do with licking windows?

WhoopiGoldsperg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2010, 6:33 pm

torako wrote:
graywyvern wrote:
sushi?

what does sushi have to do with licking windows?

Seriously, this is a legitimate issue. What kind of reply is that?

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:42 pm

No it isn't. We already know you are a troll.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt144946.html

WhoopiGoldsperg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2010, 6:43 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
No it isn't. We already know you are a troll.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt144946.html

Wow now you're stalking me too? Cut it out freakshow.

Combo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2010, 7:04 pm

Girlfriend's usually do a good job of talking people out of their weird habits. I used to bite my toenails compulsively; when my gf caught me I stopped a habit I thought I'd never break out of (though I still bite my fingernails).

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2010, 7:16 pm

damn. i was hoping it wasn't a troll making the obvious and unoriginal "windowlicker" joke... because i really would feel sorry for anyone who thought that was legitimately funny, so i thought surely not...

oh well, learned my lesson. trolls are always less original than i think they should be =(

i mean seriously, what's so entertaining about trolling us? we take things at face value and attempt to address the problem as we see it. is that really funnier than messing with chris-chan? go screw with him, he hates us XDD

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 7:29 pm

haha i don't think anyone took this at face value...the first post didn't last long either, but i think he's funny.
he tried , can't blame him, we have a rep for being a bit slow , but that only works face to face as someone stated in his previous attempt...
i'd like to ask the OP though.....
How do magnets work?

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2010, 7:45 pm

Try aversion therapy. Have a friend moon people through that window, being sure to leave a visible print on the glass. Then you won't want to lick it anymore.

For your sake, I hope that works.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 9:32 pm

How is this a troll? It doesn't seem offensive or reaction-causing to me.