Ever get in trouble for anything SO stupid?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:24 pm

Okay, yesterday I got in trouble for removing a dead bug from one of my fishtanks. Apparently, my mother thought I was being idiotic. I tried to explain the bug would decompose, therefore, increasing levels of ammonia and stuff in the water and upsetting the balance.

Oooohhhh, boy did this ever lead to another argument about my idiocies and obsessions. But then, I suppose my mom's perfect. See, she was mad because she was cleaning and taking practically the whole house apart and was blaming ME for the mess. Well, she was the one who made a bigger mess than what she started out with! As usual, I had no other choice but to stand there and take it, as when I tried to speak and point out why I had to remove the bug from the fishtank, she interrupted me, and I've never been good or fast enough with words to make a come back.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:25 pm

I once got in trouble for saying 'what' in the 3rd grade to a teacher.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:47 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
I once got in trouble for saying 'what' in the 3rd grade to a teacher.

I did that to a teacher in grade 8.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

05 Jun 2010, 8:02 pm

I once taped my door shut because I wanted to study without interruption, and My dad tried to call the cops on me. :roll:

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

From your description it doesn't sound like you did anything stupid, but there could be some things you didn't mention or aren't aware of.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any human being who hasn't been in trouble for doing something that is truly very stupid. Everybody does dumb stuff from time to time. That's just a part of life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:07 pm

I got in trouble for slamming my bedroom door, at the age of 10, when I was sent to my room. My mum came barging in, and she gave me my very last spanking, because she overheard me yelling over my tears, that I wanted to give her a spanking. It was than, that I started pounding on my male bullies for making fun of my voice, and calling me a ret*d. I was winning, as well. My mum learned very quickly, that she shouldn't spank me, anymore, after a few phone calls, from my school.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:13 pm

ok once i was in the 4 grade we was reading this book about a foster child her last name was Hopkins. during that time period on day i teacher took a girl to the side in talk to her about her being in foster care then adopted by her grandma, then she said that how come her last name was change. then i said oh like in the book she got upset then the teacher said monique why dont you mind your business.

for 1 i to was a foster kid ( got taking away cause of a lie)
for 2 i was perfering to the fact her last name was hospinks like the girl form the book.
so i didn't understand how was that rude. :roll:

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:14 pm

I got in trouble in third grade for dropping my pencil and the kid behind me stealing it. We started arguing and our teacher sent us to the principals office. The moron principal asked me...."what was the color of the last pencil you had?"....now the pencil that was stolen was purple but he asked me what was the "last" pencil I had not what was the "current" pencil I had so I said it was "Yellow".....He called me a liar and my teacher grabbed my face and called me a liar and made me stand in the corner. Hows that for stupid?

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

05 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

Another time, my dad threatened to call the cops if I didn't take my prescribed Adderall. That's the absolute epitome of corruption: Using the law to coerce me to take addictive psycho-stimulant amphetamines against my will. Of course I didn't f*****g take them. I bailed and ran.

(To this day, I'm convinced that my chronic overprescription led to my severe mental dependence, and limited brain development. It took years to learn to function without the drugs once I stopped.)

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:54 pm

I once got in trouble for offering to make my dad some orange juice.

Yeah.

We were watching tv and there was an orange juice commercial and he said, "that sounds good"

I said, "there's some frozen in the kitchen. I could make it for you"

He said, "no, mom will get mad at us" (my mother used to yell at us if we ate food by ourselves. No one in the house could eat food unless she gave it to us.)

I said (and I swear I was not trying to be snide or sarcastic! I thought I was being agreeable and nice!) "Okay, I won't make any."

And he went into a terrifying fury and chased me through the house and smacked me on the back of my shoulder and I just barely got into the bathroom and locked the door and I heard him kicking on it so I got as far away from it as I could and I was standing in the bathtub when he kicked it down and by then my mother had woken up at the noise and she managed to get him to calm down. I think he might have killed me. Seriously.

Mom came in the bathroom and looked where he hit me and my shoulder was not only red but it was in the perfect shape of a hand. You could count the fingers. All that because I offered to make some orange juice!

But it turned out that it wasn't my fault. My dad's doctor had been trying him on different anti-depressants and apparently his asperger brain doesn't handle those kinds of medications any better than my asperger brain does. He was on prozac and it made him homicidally angry. Shortly after the orange juice incident, the doctor took him off the prozac. Later, my dad told me that while he was on prozac he kept having obsessive thoughts about killing my mom, my baby sister, and me. Scary stuff!

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:25 pm

Quote:
my mother used to yell at us if we ate food by ourselves. No one in the house could eat food unless she gave it to us.

But... why?

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:34 pm

I got yelled at by my drill sargeants for saying oops when I ran into the kid in front of me because real men do not say oopsi they say get the f**k out of my way. :lol:

A teacher said I was disrupting the class by yawning. :roll:

I got yelled at for laughing at a fart in class because it caused everybody else to laugh.

I got yelled at for saying real classy to the kid sitting next to me for picking his nose. We were watching a documentary about the holocaust and they thought I was talking about the nazis or the corps on the screen. :roll: Then the teacher asked him to quit picking your nose and show some respect. :lol:

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:42 pm

I used to get into huge trouble from my mom if I forgot to say "please" or "thank you". It made me a polite kid, but I tend to err on the side of caution and overuse them. So I'm not weird for forgetting them, I'm weird for being overly formal when it's not needed.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:53 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
Quote:
my mother used to yell at us if we ate food by ourselves. No one in the house could eat food unless she gave it to us.

But... why?

Because we'd eat something she had planned for dinner and then she didn't have dinner to make for the family.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2010, 10:11 pm

I got in trouble for not covering my mouth while I was choking on my food at lunch time in 7th Grade.

Ancient_Chaos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2010, 10:14 pm

In fourth grade I got in trouble for disassembling my pens in class then replacing the black and red portions. Apparently the teacher thought I wasn't paying attention even though I heard everything she was saying. (Actually, I barely remember this, it's more from my parents telling me about it, the teacher actually called them complaining and they told her to check if I was paying attention or not, she did and never complained again.)

In eighth grade I got suspended for defending myself after being attacked. (I didn't say or do anything, but the person that attacked me just lied and said I was talking about him and his family and somehow his word is more believable than mine. )

I got verbally reprimanded last year for trying to use logic against the vice principal. Apparently security cameras and doors locked during the day prevent people from bringing a gun to school in a bag or other container that a camera can't see through.

Oh, I also got in trouble first term this year for trying to defend someone in PE when the teacher refused to let her get a drink even though she had been recently sick and was overheating.