You obsessively shave?
yes 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
no 90%  90%  [ 69 ]
Total votes : 77

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 9:31 am

Take your pick: obsessively shave, avoid shaving like the plague, think I'm pretty "normal" in this dept., or other

I personally am obsessive b/c when I started growing hair, it felt like needles were poking through my armpits & my legs were ultra itchy.

LancetChick
Raven
Raven

09 Jun 2010, 9:42 am

No, I shave only when I want to avoid embarrassment.

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 9:49 am

Do any aspies ever wax? Does the aspie brazillian exist?

I find it hard to imagine that anyone with AS would care enough to go through the pain.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 10:24 am

I hate shaving, I only do it because my mum makes me.

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

LancetChick wrote:
No, I shave only when I want to avoid embarrassment.

I'll second that. I'm working with about a half centimeter of stubble right now.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 10:50 am

I'm currently quite comfortable with my soft facial hair. I do not aspire to have a beard of wizard-like proportions, however, so I suppose I'll have to do it sometime or another.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 10:53 am

I never shave. Legs, armpits, nothing. Haven't shaved in probably 15 years. If I had to wear an evening dress and the hair didn't look right with it, I would, but that's about the only occasion I can think of. I bleach my mustache but I find it to be a really annoying chore.

WeatherFreak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jun 2010, 11:06 am

bee33 wrote:
I never shave. Legs, armpits, nothing. Haven't shaved in probably 15 years. If I had to wear an evening dress and the hair didn't look right with it, I would, but that's about the only occasion I can think of. I bleach my mustache but I find it to be a really annoying chore.

lol i do hope you're a bloke :lol:

I shave my armpits on occasion as i train at the gym and i hate lots of hair poking out the corners , i shave my face and keep a very light goatee.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 11:27 am

I hate shaving because I always cut myself. I therefore grow a beard until it starts to itch then shave everything off and start again. Opinions differ about how I look with a beard because there are patches of gray, most people reckon I look like an Arctic explorer.

Vanilla_Slice

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 11:30 am

WeatherFreak wrote:
bee33 wrote:

lol i do hope you're a bloke :lol:

I shave my armpits on occasion as i train at the gym and i hate lots of hair poking out the corners , i shave my face and keep a very light goatee.

Most blokes don't wear evening dresses... :lol:

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 12:08 pm

I generally don't shave. I find it unfair that women are expected to shave their legs and armpits, it's utterly pointless. I shaved for quite a few years but I'm much more happy and comfortable now leaving my body hair alone. If some people have a problem with that, then that is their problem and not mine. :)

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 12:34 pm

I let the beard grow until I am tired of looking at it.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 12:40 pm

Todesking wrote:
I let the beard grow until I am tired of looking at it.

Ditto.

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

I use an electric beard trimmer when my beard gets out of hand but I don't shave because hand held razors wind up cutting me a lot and electric razors feel like they're pulling the hair out of my face by the root.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 1:15 pm

redwulf25_ci wrote:
I use an electric beard trimmer when my beard gets out of hand but I don't shave because hand held razors wind up cutting me a lot and electric razors feel like they're pulling the hair out of my face by the root.

I don't like using electric altogether and I know that feeling far too well, and at time makes my shaving experience horrible, so then I started to switch to manual shaving, I actually got more comfort of it.

I then use a hot wet damp cloth over my face to prevent myself from getting these annoying shaving bumps.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2010, 1:17 pm

I hate shaving. The razor's are never sharp enough, so the process always takes too long. The less hair there is to shave, the easier it is to do, but shaving is uncomfortable. I can't even get myself to do it once a week, which is what I determined would be a good amount of hair to blade ratio. After two weeks, it's in the difficult stage.