Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 10:54 pm

I was never crazy about babies and children...even as a child. I downright hated babies because they were so messy and I felt like I was going to throw up if I saw a baby with food all over their face. The other day at the store, this baby kept staring me down; When I moved my head, it would move it's. It took every fiber of my being not to come over and hurt it. I know that's wrong but it's just instinct. As a young child I would not hesitate to beat the piss out of another child and I wonder if it's because I thought they were trying to threaten me. Being stared at was always enough to trigger me into fight mode. My mum says I hated baby dolls as well. I hated children even as a child but I think that's because I was constantaly being bullied and becuase I found their games and mindless obeidence to adults stupid. Children are esentially lower than parasites to me. One of my worst fears is getting pregnent. I've encountered some very cruel children who were little junior phycopaths. When I read about the supposed underground alien base in Delcue New Mexico and how the aliens have parts of children floating in vats and intended for consumption, I'm like: so? We eat baby chickens, sheep and cattle don't we? It's no diffrent. Why are human children so special when they can be so mean and cruel? But anyway, is hating children and babies a trait of autism?

Last edited by PunkyKat on 02 Jun 2010, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 10:57 pm

Goo goo ga ga.

Children and cruel to me.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

Hating babies/children is not an autistic trait. I think you just have an unnatural hatred of children.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 11:59 pm

Don't get your tubes tied just yet! You may grow out of it. I didn't like other kids when I was a kid, and only in recent years my ability to relate has expanded down to include children who can talk and walk and play video games, and I'm 35 years old. Babies scare me a bit because they seem so fragile and I can't easily read their needs because they can't talk and I'm a bit spooked about the germs and drool and the possibility of being peed on. When I saw my sister for the first time just after she was born, it amazed me that there was another new person who must have all kinds of thoughts and feelings, but I can't see in, and I couldn't maintain eye contact for very long...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

I love kids, but have no drive to have any of my own.
Once they get to be around 7 or 8 the NT kids start catching up to me, and I sorta seem to cease to amuse them :(

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:49 am

PunkyKat wrote:
babies because they were so messy and I felt like I was going to throw up if I saw a baby with food all over their face.

Man, isn't that the grossest thing?!? I took a biology class and the first day of class the professor showed us slides of his research with insects and then started showing slides of his family and showed one of a baby with chocolate all over its face and hands and high chair tray and the class was going "awwwww!" and I thought I was going to barf right there. I got up and walked out and never went back to lecture again in case he tried to pull something like that again. (Fortunately, all the tests were online and I got an A in the class despite never showing up again after that first lecture.)

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:53 am

I've never liked or desired children. That's the way I was, am and always will be. The only creature I'm capable of caring for is myself, and my ability to do even that is highly dubious.

I have 6 nieces and nephews, and the more time I spend with them, the more it reinforces my feelings that I don't want any children of my own. I can't stand their crying and tantrum-throwing, and their messiness makes me want to gag. I hate stooping down to their level to interact with them because playing with them bores me, and I don't know how to explain things to them in a way they can understand. They are highly demanding of time and attention; dad says if you left a baby alone in a house, it would die within a day. I don't want to devote any time to children - all my time is spent with my special interests, and if I had to cut that time to take care of a baby/child, it would make me miserable beyond rational thought.

Most of all, I hate how germ-infested children are. When my family shared a house with my sister, her husband and their children, I was ill with something at least once a month, if not more often. I caught the stomach flu multiple times, which was a nightmare for me since I have a vomiting phobia. I would have a mental breakdown if I had a child of my own and they caught the stomach flu (which would be inevitable).

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:02 am

astaut wrote:
Hating babies/children is not an autistic trait. I think you just have an unnatural hatred of children.

Dito, I don't think I would want the OP anywhere near a child, or any small animal for that mater.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:07 am

silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

Dito, I don't think I would want the OP anywhere near a child, or any small animal for that mater.

Why small animals? It's one thing to have violent impulses that you don't act on and anothe to actually be a violent person. And animals are TOTALLY different from babies. I''m not terribly fond of babies myself (children don't start to get interesting to me at all until they're about five) but I LOVE small animals.

pency
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2010, 2:17 am

I am w the OP.
I don't feel violent (my only violent feelings are usually taking things out on myself in meltdown - punching myself, slamming hands, pulling my hair etc - never to others)
But, I do have the STRONG dislike of children & babies.

I *really* dislike the love of babies - all the fawning over them.
I see shows about pregnancy and it always feels like dumb people are in love with the idea of having children.
I never wanted children and can't imagine why anybody would.
I am 44 M and NEVER wanted kids (ever since I was young)
I was never bullied I just don't like kids - I find them rude and annoying. Babies just aren't cute.
Pregnant women bother me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:24 am

pency wrote:

Even though I hate babies and children, I'm actually really fascinated by pregnancy and childbirth for some reason. I think it has more to do with the changes that happen in the mother rather than the end result.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:28 am

Sparrowrose wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

Why small animals? It's one thing to have violent impulses that you don't act on and anothe to actually be a violent person. And animals are TOTALLY different from babies. I''m not terribly fond of babies myself (children don't start to get interesting to me at all until they're about five) but I LOVE small animals.

well yes maybe that was going to far, but hearing her go on about staring a baby down is rather disturbing, it was just an observation that I wouldn't want someone like the OP in any position of responsibility such as around children or otherwise
pency wrote:
I am w the OP.
I don't feel violent (my only violent feelings are usually taking things out on myself in meltdown - punching myself, slamming hands, pulling my hair etc - never to others)
But, I do have the STRONG dislike of children & babies.

I *really* dislike the love of babies - all the fawning over them.
I see shows about pregnancy and it always feels like dumb people are in love with the idea of having children.
I never wanted children and can't imagine why anybody would.
I am 44 M and NEVER wanted kids (ever since I was young)
I was never bullied I just don't like kids - I find them rude and annoying. Babies just aren't cute.

It sounds like you are resentful or jealous of how children or babies get treated,

Last edited by silentbob15 on 03 Jun 2010, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:30 am

IdahoRose wrote:
pency wrote:

Even though I hate babies and children, I'm actually really fascinated by pregnancy and childbirth for some reason. I think it has more to do with the changes that happen in the mother rather than the end result.

I loved being pregnant and giving birth. I thought it was about the most awesomest thing I've ever done in my life. It kind of screwed up my metabolism afterward but I'm still glad I got to experience it. My mom tried to get me to have an abortion and my food stamp case worker also tried to talk me into getting an abortion but I felt like someone else had trusted me enough to nestle inside my body and I just couldn't even bring myself to think about killing them (though I do not judge others who choose abortion. We live in a world that doesn't give many options to some women. It's your choice, it just wasn't mine.)

The baby ended up stillborn - she died right about the time she crowned (top of the head emerged, touching the air, during labor). Upon reflection, I decided it was probably for the best because I wouldn't have been a very good mother - low patience, low pain threshhold for loud, high-pitched sounds, high need for quiet time alone staring into space, extreme sensory sensitivity for smell. But the one time I started to say that I thought it was for the best a bunch of people got really mad at me for saying it and started screaming at me until I cried and then dissociated so this is only the second time I've ever publically said this and I hope I don't get attacked here, too.

pency

03 Jun 2010, 2:33 am

Hi Idaho,
I don't know what it is.
The whole pregnancy/baby thing makes me feel really weird.

I see these women in stores with children jumping around and walking up & down the aisles and they are pregnant.
It often ruins a woman's body.
Weight gain, stretch marks, stretches the private parts out (sorry but it's true) etc

It isn't that I consciously think about those things when I see babies & kids, but if I try to rationalize why they are doing what they are doing I do think of those things.
Also, I have had such a difficult life I often wonder why people want to bring a kid into the world?
It seems like a selfish thing for the parents -
they want something to dress up, play with, name after themselves, make them be like them or try to give them a life they wish they had as kids (??)

I really don't know what it is that makes people want children.
Life is difficult and to foist it upon someone who never asked for it seems inconsiderate.
I don't necessarily see life as a "gift"

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:36 am

silentbob15 wrote:
Sparrowrose wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

well yes maybe that was going to far, but hearing her go on about staring a baby down is rather disturbing, it was just an observation that I wouldn't want someone like the OP in any position of responsibility such as around children or otherwise

I used to stare babies down, too, until I realized it is just interesting to them and makes them stare longer. I HATE being stared at by babies or small children.

One time I was in the grocery and this kid kept staring at me and I was getting really uncomfortable so I made a face at her and her mom saw and came charging over, yelling why did I make a face at her daughter. I said, "she wouldn't stop staring at me. It was really bothering me." The woman said, "she can't help it! She has a developmental disability!" and the guy I was with said, "so does she!" (this was a couple of years afte rmy diagnosis) and the girl said, "really! you too!" all excited. (I guess she never met an adult with asperger's. Maybe not even another kid her own age.) and the mom mumbled some stuff I couldn't properly hear and backed away and then grabbed her kid and dragged (yes, actively dragged) her far away from me.

Funny thing is, after hearing that the kid was on the spectrum, too, I felt totally different and it would have been okay if she wanted to keep staring or even talk to me.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 2:38 am

Personally I love kids, me and my girlfriend were trying to start a family but she has miscarried twice, so its kind of a sore
point with me that people would hate babies, I do have to say my girlfriend looked so beautiful when she was pregnant

Last edited by silentbob15 on 03 Jun 2010, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.