Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

anonymoussun
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm

I have been wondering if anyone here who suffers or has a mild form of Aspergers feel depressed.If so does one feel depressed for no reason or does not know the reason why one feels depressed?If so do you feel that's the reason that you feel like being alone, loosing interests being around with people?

hpcrowley

20 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

I've found that socialization problems lead to frustration, which leads to depression. Also, clinical depression is often co-morbid with Aspergers. Either way, good counseling and the right meds can make a world of difference.

MichaelDWhite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2011, 7:20 pm

Yes, one doctor actually diagnosed me as depressed. However, I think my episodes of depression are transitory. Generally I have some reason when I feel depressed. When I don't think I have a reason for any given emotion I try to push it aside.

This doctor thought the whole reason I wasn't dating was because I was depressed. However, I think that's because of AS. My desire to form relationships with people really doesn't vary much with my emotions. If anything, I desire human companionship slightly more when I'm depressed.