Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 1:56 am

I'm not favoring hypnosis for anyone, but I watched an episode of Lost recently. There was this psychologist that tried to help one of the characters deal with psychological issues. It wasn't exactly hypnosis but something sort of like regression therapy. I began to wonder how I would fare under such circumstances.

This woman was asked to relax herself, listen to the sound of the waves and her tone of voice, putting her in a deep trance to help her recover lost memories. Now, there was no way that I could ever relax myself. It is quite impossible. I would not be relaxed by the sound of the waves. I'm always tense.

Would anyone else have a similar feel?

- Ray M -

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 3:51 am

Auto-hypnosis was successful for me to experiment with; but only in a quiet private place. I learned and taught the skill to some friends, but they never managed to put me under. Likewise, I never reacted properly to the "canvassing" at hypnosis shows, so for me; no.

In anycase, you cant hypnotize a one armed man to have two arms, and you cannot hypnotize an ASer to make use of neural connections that are not in his/her brain.

nhoj
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2006, 6:36 am

To answer your question, yes it is very possible for autistics to be hypnotised.

Hu3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2006, 2:48 pm

Yes, but I wouldn't count on traditional means so much though. For example, there are devices that can tune into the same frequencies as brainwaves using sound to create hypnotic effects.