Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 8:02 pm

I was just reading an article published in the Magazine Atlantis Rising some years back, by Joseph Ray, PhD. In it, Mr Ray is discussing a book called The Temple of Man written by Egyptologist Schwaller de Lubicz in which de Lubicz outlines a comprehensive demonstration of the cosmological thinking of the ancient Egyptian mystery schools and the methods in which they encoded vast knowledge of mathematics, astronomy and a complex holistic worldview into the very architecture of their sacred structures - that the key to understanding exactly how much advanced knowledge they actually had lies in understanding their symbology and the concepts of cosmological 'correspondences' (the Universe as a living entity - which also occurs in many more recent schools of occultism, who also attest the concepts to be as old as Egyptian culture or even older).

All this in discussion of the fact that over the past half century, much to the consternation of the established Scientific orthodoxy, evidence has begun to mount, more and more rapidly, that human civilization on this planet is demonstrably vastly older than previously supposed, sending theories of evolution and ice ages right out the window, in favor of evidence of global catastrophies having occurred many times over the millennia, reducing to rubble a civilization once as advanced as our own, or more so, and scattering its remnants to the corners of the globe to start again virtually from scratch.

Joseph Ray wrote:
Were modern humanity not so disordered in life, out of touch with nature, and imbalanced as well, gaining pharaonic insights would still be difficult. But we have developed the 'cult of convenience' to a high order and live by another modern principle, that of 'something for nothing'. Inasmuch as, in the spiritual realm, payment is a principle, such a worldview further amplifies the impediments toward a pharaonic mentality.

Those who have seen, generally, the hollowness of modern thought must be at pains to discoverits effects in themselves, so invidious is its process. The need to be surrounded by people, sound, activity, even noise, arises in the psychological consciousness of the cerebral intelligence which subsists on stimulation. Says Schwaller de Lubicz, most modern people could not have 'stood' the serenity that prevailed in ancient Egypt.

My point being, that questions have often been raised in these forums to the effect 'What would the world be like if everyone thought like an Aspie?'

Maybe, once...they did. :wink:

ASMJT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm

I don't have much to add, except that I would agree with you. R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz's work is extraordinary to say the least. I would recommend reading "Serpent in the Sky" by John Anthony West. He goes over some of Lubicz's theories on hidden geometry in stele, monuments, pictographs, et cetera, containing knowledge pertaining to your reference. Be prepared though. It is pretty advanced reading!

I have arrived to the understanding, that it is only sensible that the Earth, and entire galaxy for that matter(and every system in the universe), go through cycles of destruction and re-birth. Just like the seasons in a year, albeit a much longer time from our perspective. This is just a natural cycle of regeneration, much like the cells in our body. Is that not what all things are subjected to? Think about it; from a bacterias perspective, the billions of different cells floating in our body would seem like the billions of planets and stars floating in space, and the small amount of time from our perspective of cell regeneration, would seem like ages microcosmically. And just like the cells in our body constantly regenerate to keep the body alive, the spheres of space are the same. It appears to me that everything is a living system, within a living system, ad infintum. As above, so below.

The occult, metaphysics, philosophy, symbology, kabbalah, et cetera, has been my only life-long obsession. Sorry I may have digressed a bit. It may bring criticism by not being "scientific," but that's okay. 8) Nice thread, Willard.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:38 pm

I'm guessing, that was the reason that the Ancient Egyptians used images, instead of words. :cool:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 2:50 am

Much of taught history is false.

The winning side gets to write the history books, as it sees fit.....

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 4:57 am

These fruitcake conspiracy theories just seem to grow in popularity. The internet is an opportunity for learned ignorance, where confirmation of your most preverse thought is just a Google away and the personalized news just confirms every prejudice you ever had.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 5:06 am

Xmas comes from magic mushrooms

Bet ya most people didnt know the simple fact that Xmas was a mushroom cult festival!

peace and goodwill folks!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0D6-JqsvY[/youtube]

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 8:02 am

Willard wrote:
I was just reading an article published in the Magazine Atlantis Rising some years back, by Joseph Ray, PhD. In it, Mr Ray is discussing a book called The Temple of Man written by Egyptologist Schwaller de Lubicz in which de Lubicz outlines a comprehensive demonstration of the cosmological thinking of the ancient Egyptian mystery schools and the methods in which they encoded vast knowledge of mathematics, astronomy and a complex holistic worldview into the very architecture of their sacred structures -.....................

All this in discussion of the fact that over the past half century, ...........in favor of evidence of global catastrophies having occurred many times over the millennia, reducing to rubble a civilization once as advanced as our own, or more so, and scattering its remnants to the corners of the globe to start again virtually from scratch.

My point being, that questions have often been raised in these forums to the effect 'What would the world be like if everyone thought like an Aspie?'

Maybe, once...they did. :wink:

OMG :!:

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 10:48 am

ASMJT wrote:
I have arrived to the understanding, that it is only sensible that the Earth, and entire galaxy for that matter (and every system in the universe), go through cycles of destruction and re-birth. Just like the seasons in a year, albeit a much longer time from our perspective. This is just a natural cycle of regeneration, much like the cells in our body. Is that not what all things are subjected to?

Whether natural or supernatural, that makes sense to me.

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2010, 11:07 am

Well now I have to add "Temple of Man" to my reading list. It seems you find a plethora of excellent books to read Willard.

ASMJT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

StuartN wrote:
These fruitcake conspiracy theories just seem to grow in popularity. The internet is an opportunity for learned ignorance, where confirmation of your most preverse thought is just a Google away and the personalized news just confirms every prejudice you ever had.

Thanks! 8) I've also learned in my wasted life of a profession, that those who consider themselves experts in any sort of knowledge, lack wisdom of any kind. The only confirmation I need is my own. Learning institutions can be used in place of "internet," and library in place of "Google" in relation to your comment. But what does a fruitcake like me know, anyhow? :D

Variant wrote:
Well now I have to add "Temple of Man" to my reading list. It seems you find a plethora of excellent books to read Willard.

Well, be warned, it is over 1000 pages long! As a bonus, you may suddenly become a fruitcake while you read it. :wink:

ASMJT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2010, 12:59 pm

Surfman wrote:
Xmas comes from magic mushrooms

Bet ya most people didnt know the simple fact that Xmas was a mushroom cult festival!

peace and goodwill folks!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0D6-JqsvY[/youtube]

Mushroom cults were not limited to being the basis of Christmas, but seem to have had a major influence on religion as well.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 3:33 pm

This kind of topic doesn't bother me a bit because I have always been more interested in the questions than the I have in the answers. I don't have enough evidence to say what's true or not, so in the meantime what's wrong with stretching your world view a bit? It doesn't hurt. :wink:

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

Well, to add more fruit to the cake, anyone who finds the evidence of a prior highly advanced civilization (and there's plenty of it) fascinating, Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods and Underworld are both good reading.

I was looking at The Temple of Man on Amazon and its very expensive, it may be a while before I can afford to read it all, unless somebody issues a softcover. The whole system of correspondences and symbolism sounds a great deal to me like some of the material Israel Regardie published in The Golden Dawn. The Kabbalistic Secret Societies have been guarding this knowledge for centuries, though there's no telling how degraded it may have become over all that time.

@StuartN: It always saddens me to see anyone leap to the 'crackpot conspiracy theory' designation to immediately invalidate anything that strikes them as unusual or out of mainstream. Its a glaring sign of intellectual laziness and fear to automatically reject out of hand ideas with which one is not even familiar, much less justifiably skeptical. First, none of the concepts I was referring to are new and not a single remark was made about any information coming from Internet sources. The Temple of Man was written by a respected Egyptologist compiled from his studies of the Temple of Luxor from 1937-1952.

Never forget that Galileo was once considered a crackpot, and he's by far not alone in having endured ridicule by the 'experts' of his day. There are still those who shrilly scream 'crackpot' at the very mention of Immanuel Velikovsky, and yet many of the scientific heresies he predicted in Worlds in Collision have been confirmed by recent discoveries in space exploration, not the least astounding the revelation that Venus has a cometary 'tail' and a surface temperature far higher than anyone but Velikovsky would have believed at that time.

Bastions of orthodoxy have cringed at the mention of the very idea of a global flood, even though every major religious tradition on the planet recounts a version of that story - because to admit it as a possibility meant validating a portion of the bible and the stubborn debate over creationism versus evolution forbade any such compromise. Yet now, as sunken cities are discovered off the coasts of India and Cuba and South America, it becomes more and more difficult to sweep the geological evidence of enormous bodies of water having swept over entire mountain ranges, washing human and animal species of all types into caverns worldwide under the academic rug. And how coincidental that so far, all the dating of such evidence places it at approximately 9500 years ago - at the very time that Plato describes his tale of the 'mythical' Atlantis having occurred. Pushing human civilization much farther back than its supposed origins in Egypt and Mesopotamia a mere 5000 years ago. Oops.

Wow, that sorta fits with that other recent heresy that claims the Sphinx shows evidence of water weathering over a long period of time, pushing it's origins back to the last dates during which the Egyptian plains were covered by a rain forest - something along the lines of 12000 years. Holy crap. Weren't we supposedly still living in caves and chipping out stone arrowheads back then? Well, uhm, if there were already high civilizations then, that would throw that whole Darwinian evolution thing way the hell off, but it would also mean the bible's creation story doesn't add up, either, so...

:shrug: Designer genetics from Ancient Astronauts? (shh - its only a model)

Dammit! Aren't we supposed to have figured out all the answers by now? Christ, we have smart phones and smart cars and smart BOMBS. Surely we have a right to arrogantly assume we're the smartest creatures in the universe. Ain't nobody got nuthin' on us humans - we got smart BOMBS. Anybody who can make smart BOMBS has surely got it all figured out. So shut up and quit looking for new answers. We got all the answers already. Challenge the established notions of what is and what ain't and we'll send a drone to shove a bomb up your smart ass.

Goddam Crackpots. :roll:

Its just pathetic how attached people get to ideas once they've turned into beliefs.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 5:31 pm

The world is full of surprises, which I like.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... whale.html

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2010, 5:49 pm

ASMJT wrote:
Variant wrote:

Well, be warned, it is over 1000 pages long! As a bonus, you may suddenly become a fruitcake while you read it. :wink:

That doesn't worry me, the price is the only thing that is bothersome. As Willard has noted, even used copies aren't cheap on Amazon.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 2:55 am

Willard wrote:
Its just pathetic how attached people get to ideas once they've turned into beliefs.

That was my point exactly, because I was appraising the facts and have no attachment to your beliefs.