Medical marijuana is now available legally in the UK

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2010, 9:33 am

You have to get the prescription from Holland but otherwise it's sound. I can't post a link yet but if you google for 'Jim Pinky Starr' it'll come up ;)

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2010, 9:46 am

if you look at my profile there's a link to the full story, hopefully someone can put up a link to it please?

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:07 am

CannabisForAutism wrote:
You have to get the prescription from Holland but otherwise it's sound. I can't post a link yet but if you google for 'Jim Pinky Starr' it'll come up ;)

I am no law expert, but I understand that this is not risk-free. Residents of Schengen members (e.g. includes UK, but not Ireland) believe that drugs prescribed in one state can be carried to and used in another state by the patient for which the drugs were prescribed. By extension they believe that a prescription filled in one state can be posted to another, so long as a registered doctor wrote the prescription. There are many unknowns that might result in an arrest or prosecution - smoking the product rather than swallowing THC-free pharmaceuticals, for one thing, and not being examined by the prescribing physician for another.

When I travel, I always carry my prescription and pharmacy docket with full contact details for both, and have never had a problem with regular prescription drugs.

There is up-to-date information and links to campaign groups here http://ukcia.org/wordpress/?p=470 from the UK Cannabis Internet Activist http://www.ukcia.org/

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:42 am

[img][800:960]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Spam.jpg[/img]

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

Nothing in life is risk free. There's always the slight risk that someone's bigger picture will drown out one's humble attempts to open up a new legal avenue for others.

What's the beef for? Are you anti-choice for ASDs and how we choose to medicate ourselves?

You've read the posting rules, I have to do five before I can post a link, there's my five, hardly a spam volcano.

Now I have to wait 5 days and I too can post links :)

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:58 pm

ASDs often come with co-morbid disorders where cannabis use can be very harmful and necessitates the direction of a psychiatrist in order to be used safely. There are no accepted medical guidelines for the use of cannabis so it cannot be used to safely treat ASDs.

It's also really stupid to take medical advice from some stoner on the internet, and selling crap on the forums is a violation of the TOS.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 3:12 pm

John_Browning wrote:
ASDs often come with co-morbid disorders where cannabis use can be very harmful and necessitates the direction of a psychiatrist in order to be used safely. There are no accepted medical guidelines for the use of cannabis so it cannot be used to safely treat ASDs.

It's also really stupid to take medical advice from some stoner on the internet, and selling crap on the forums is a violation of the TOS.

This x10000 to all the druggies on the forum.

cnidocyte
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2010, 4:20 pm

Good to hear. A step in the right direction. Its a petty the UK's s**thole next door neighbour (Ireland) is going in the opposite direction.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 4:53 pm

cnidocyte wrote:
Good to hear. A step in the right direction. Its a petty the UK's s**thole next door neighbour (Ireland) is going in the opposite direction.

I don't see any evidence that Ireland is going in the opposite direction, especially as there isn't any direction here anyway - some bloke simply announced that it is possible to obtain an illegal substance from outside the UK, with a contrived legal justification that might or might not stand up in court, but has never been tested.

(Ireland is not a member of the Schengen Agreement on which this contrived legal justification is based, but is a member of the Common Travel Area with the UK, so both Ireland and the UK are likely to remain in agreement on the status of cannabis therapies).

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 5:28 pm

This is a load of rubbish. Whether the Schengen Agreement allows for this or not (which I don't believe for one minute) is irrelevant because of the basic fact that the UK is NOT part of the Schengen area.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm

Whatever rocks your boat, Man.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:23 am

Asp-Z wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

what are druggies beyond drug users? is there some connotation you are trying to imply?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:25 am

conan wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

what are druggies beyond drug users? is there some connotation you are trying to imply?

Druggies are drug users, and I've seen a fair few on this forum is all.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 11:29 am

Asp-Z wrote:
conan wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

ok. it is just that some people use that term as a negative thing.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 11:56 am

conan wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
conan wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

ok. it is just that some people use that term as a negative thing.

I do see drug use as a negative thing.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
This is a load of rubbish. Whether the Schengen Agreement allows for this or not (which I don't believe for one minute) is irrelevant because of the basic fact that the UK is NOT part of the Schengen area.

Good point - the UK Cannabis Internet Activist site (http://ukcia.org/wordpress/?p=470) has based its argument on the Schengen Agreement, and some alleged Home Office responses. But I think that is only one of many holes in the claim that using cannabis in the UK is "sound".

The moral must be "Don't accept legal advice from a druggie".