How did you get through the average day of High School?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Oct 2010, 5:53 pm

(Or do if you are still in it like me)
I mainly get by with daydreaming, though my grades have sometimes suffered as a result.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2010, 6:34 pm

I just lived in my head, thinking about things I was interested in or singing songs in my head. School was like a prison sentence. I just did my time and whatever it took to make it pass faster. The degree of relief I felt when my school life finally ended is beyond description.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 6:35 pm

by dropping out.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Oct 2010, 6:38 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
by dropping out.
i gotta say. HS was a living hell for me, all the bullying, the senory issues, them not knowing about aspergers. (im 30 btw) back then it was "unknown" . so it was a f****n' releif when i finally did, only to find out the adult life wasnt much better. all the work, and your co-workers basically acting like HS students

thats when i gave up. ha

now, odly enough. i sit here and talk to you~

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 6:46 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Sparrowrose wrote:
by dropping out.
i gotta say. HS was a living hell for me, all the bullying, the senory issues, them not knowing about aspergers. (im 30 btw) back then it was "unknown" . so it was a f****' releif when i finally did, only to find out the adult life wasnt much better. all the work, and your co-workers basically acting like HS students

I got a GED and went on to college (because every time something awful happened in high school, all the adults could say to comfort me was "things are different in college" so I figured "if that's the case, why am I wasting my time here?") They were right; college *is* different. No one threw rocks at my head in college. Other than that, it was just more of the same.

Quote:
thats when i gave up. ha

I refuse to let the f***ers win. I'm going to get something good out of life if it kills me. And if it does kill me (which it might) at least I'll know I rode the beast down to the end.

Quote:

Why is it odd?

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

seriousfoolishness
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2010, 6:55 pm

I mostly blended into the woodwork. The last two years, I wasn't there about a quarter of the time.

I've taken a few lumps from time to time. Judging by what I see here, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. :D

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2010, 6:57 pm

I grew my hair really long, so I could hide inside it, and sat in the corners, doodling, writing and reading.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2010, 7:00 pm

Avengilante wrote:
I grew my hair really long, so I could hide inside it, and sat in the corners, doodling, writing and reading.

Ah yes. Doodling. I forgot about that. Endless doodling. Doodling is a lifesaver.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Oct 2010, 8:34 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

Why is it odd?
im just being wierd. ignore me :P

although, the techonology thats able to connect our words from computers is kind of amazing

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:36 pm

I had 3 high schools in three cities in three states living in fivew houses. Different rules in each case.

Helped that all were faculty brat schools in university towns. Junior year was worst.

Getting by? Then and alays - focus down. disengage, maximize solo time in woods etc.

space_cadett
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

Maolcolm wrote:
Avengilante wrote:

Ah yes. Doodling. I forgot about that. Endless doodling. Doodling is a lifesaver.

So very true.
Doodling and hiding in the library at lunch.

And skipping lots and lots of classes.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:40 pm

Often by being elsewhere instead.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:43 pm

I was homeschooled. I remember doing my school work outside on my first day of high school. I wouldn't have been able to go to a public high school with out trying to kill someone or having a meltdown, getting made fun of for it, then trying to kill the people who made fun of me and the stupid teachers who told me to "snap out of it". If my parents hadn't taken me out of public school in the fith grade or sent me back like they had originally planned too, I would have pulled a colombine if I didn't kill myself first. Whenever people claim that homeschooling is bad because kids, epicaly AS kids don't the the chance to learn social skills, I have to argue that the only social skills aren't any better. I was becoming insanley violent from public school trying to defend myself and eventualy would go off on anyone that so much as looked at me. Homeschooling was in my best intrest.

Last edited by PunkyKat on 25 Oct 2010, 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:50 pm

9th grade to 10th grade I kept my head down to avoid unwanted eye contact and had a firm grip on a sharpened pencil to help fend off attacks. I went to my locker then to class in record time to avoid unnessary contact with the savages I had to go to school with. I was tormented daily in every class my first two years of high school there was no let up until vactions or snow days popped up.

11th grade to 12th grade I was out of school for 2 hours to Erie Countey Boces and then one gym class and one English class then I would sneak out to go home to read. I had a willingness to use violence against anyone who messed with me may it be a real attack or an imagined attack either way I made them leave me alone.

I did not go to college because I was in special education classes and I figured if they put in slower classes durring grade school I probably would have had a harder time in college. I never studdied durring my entire four years of high school and graduated with an 85% for all four years. But after diagnosis for Aspergers my doctor said I most likely do not have a learning disability. :roll: OOOOOOPPPsss.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 9:12 pm

Plotting my revenge and an escape route that never worked. Otherwise I worked on this irregular verb chart/booklet for French. It was a personal project, not an assignment and it got really big. I think I worked on it for 2 years.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

Daydreaming, drawing, and waiting to get home so I could watch some freaking TV. Unfortunately by 1989 all the cartoons weren't on afternoons anymore :(