Have wierd/strange things happened to you

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 5:51 pm

I was reflecting on some circumstances and events that have arisen in my life, weird things like seeing a ghost or predicting the future. I'm going to sound really flaky but years ago when I was very spiritual (4am rise, meditation, many retreats, no cofffee alcohol etc) I awoke an ability that is probably available to all, and maybe kids and animals have it to a greater degree than most adults today. Opening the heart seems to be less common with these time's

Does anyone else have premonitions, unusual aligning of dates, times or people, left their body (astral travelling) deep samadhi (meditation) or unusual activity of the crown or eye chakra's (glands in the head)? Has anyone experienced intense bliss and huge smile happiness from spiritual exercises?

During deep prayer or intense spiritual desire, has anyone ever felt a quantum leap of consciousness or profound realisation? And at a more everyday level, has a spiritual outlook created anything substantial for you?

I have been a spiritual aspirant in the past, but am currently an overweight stoner.

Nowadays weird stuff dont happen no more to me :cry: and I kinda miss how things used to be....could be....again....

Who has weird spiritual things happen and is it because of spiritual exercises, motivations and desire?

tonin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 8:24 pm

Yes. I have always and probably will always experience all this stuff and more.

I hope you find the motivation to throw away the pipe because a clear mind and spirit is far healthier wholistically. But I think you know that already.

From some of my first memories, I was in connection with Earth, the Universe and everything in between. I experience "wierd stuff" all the time, some days are full of wonderful and arresting moments of insight and inspiration. Meditation intensifies the feelings of oneness and balance. The feeling of being filled with negative ions : ) as I walk in bushland or along beaches is intoxicating.

I get a lot of dreams and visions from indigenous spirits of ancestors and dreamtime which I'm starting to draw and put down in words in the hope they will be able to help others reconnect to their country.

But please, for your own spiritual wellbeing, try and stay away from any mind altering drugs, they warp and kill the connection. I've never touched a recreational or illegal drug and steer clear of all prescription drugs and I believe that has strengthened my spiritual awareness.

This is the age of change. There is a movement sweeping the world of enlightenment and awareness. Don't miss this wave!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:21 am

i would not call these things any evidence for psychic ability or psychic phenomena, but they did happen to me, for better or worse-

i was at work in the hospital, being rushed as usual, and i was trotting down the hall with a heavy cart full of equipment i was supposed to return to central material supply, when i saw a coworker talking with somebody else i didn't know, and as i passed him he noticed me, and then i suddenly had a thought, "he wants to know how my hospitalized coworker is doing post-surgery" - and so i blurted out as i passed him, "gloria is doing fine but a little out of it right now." and he turned around and said to me, "how did you know i was going to ask you that?" and i just shrugged my shoulders and continued on down the hall.

i was sitting in my army barracks listening to music, when i suddenly had a thought override the music, much to my annoyance- the thought was "DAMN IT! i forgot my keys again!" and i was puzzled at this thought, wondering where in the hell did it come from? when i heard a knock on the door and got up and opened the door and it was my barracksmate, who told me he forgot to get his keys.

i was a passenger in a car and i was looking off in the distance away from the interstate freeway when suddenly i thought about forgetting to tell a coworker about something of which i have since forgotten what- but when i got back onto post on duty later on that day, i ran into the coworker who promptly told me he had a vivid mental image from me, and told me where on the freeway the image was from.

my parents had just passed away several years back, and i was living in the house they lived in until their deaths, when one night there was a horrendous banging and thumping coming from somewhere in the house i could not localise, and this went on for several minutes until i shouted back, "OK i hear you!" at which point the noises ceased cold.

after my father passed away, both me and my mother were roused from sleep by my late father's loud shout of "HEY!" followed by our names. me and my mother compared notes on this, and he heard her name shouted out and i heard my name shouted out, at the same time. when my mother died 2 years later, i was woken from my sleep a few times by her "shouting" "HEY!" at me.

i had an evil army coworker who hated my guts, and somehow was able to always know what i was thinking by dint of his telling me as much and proving it to me repeatedly. he thought that i was "of the devil" and proof of this was his ability to read my mind. i stayed as far away from this person as i could. there were several other army coworkers who told me from time to time that they could always tell what i was thinking. i can't count the number of times i would think of a melody in my head when somebody else would start humming or whistling the same melody a few seconds or minutes later.

watching "jeopardy!" i always seem to know a few seconds ahead of time when a contestent will select a "daily double."

these things all have me stumped, but i don't call these psychic events because they were not under my control. but they were something outside the realm of the five senses.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:40 am

once, Barack Obama tried to hypnotise me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:45 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
once, Barack Obama tried to hypnotise me.

i wouldn't mind if he hypnotised me, but i am not hypnotiseable.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:50 am

The miraculous change that I've gone through, late last summer the second week of September. I was able to drop a lot of emotional baggage that caused me to have a really bad attitude.

LunatoMercury
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2010, 11:01 am

I can't be to sure, but from what I investigated so far, AS people have different traits on each other. So far I have found a person who literally sees the future and another who really sees what the other people think (which happens randomly for him). As for me, I sort of think that I'm stealing or gaining luck from other people... I dont know why but I even tested it. Even during accidents and academic troubles I tend to be lucky. but when someone tries to hurt me or get closer to me they gain bad luck, and not just normal one, A real bad luck that can break even that person's family apart, I don't know if that's normal...

LunatoMercury
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2010, 11:03 am

Maybe it depends on how the personality of that person with AS is? and what if that person is aware of what he/she is capable of? It worries me when I think about it... But if it were true it wouldn't be ether cool or bad. Maybe just a double sided edge... Normally people would take advantage of anything they found.. That's why it worries me..

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:11 am

I have experienced strange (i.e. unusual events) but nothing supernatural. Everything that exists is natural.

ruveyn

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:15 am

My family could commuicate with the dead for generations.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 1:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i would not call these things any evidence for psychic ability or psychic phenomena, but they did happen to me, for better or worse-

i was at work in the hospital, being rushed as usual, and i was trotting down the hall with a heavy cart full of equipment i was supposed to return to central material supply, when i saw a coworker talking with somebody else i didn't know, and as i passed him he noticed me, and then i suddenly had a thought, "he wants to know how my hospitalized coworker is doing post-surgery" - and so i blurted out as i passed him, "gloria is doing fine but a little out of it right now." and he turned around and said to me, "how did you know i was going to ask you that?" and i just shrugged my shoulders and continued on down the hall.

i was sitting in my army barracks listening to music, when i suddenly had a thought override the music, much to my annoyance- the thought was "DAMN IT! i forgot my keys again!" and i was puzzled at this thought, wondering where in the hell did it come from? when i heard a knock on the door and got up and opened the door and it was my barracksmate, who told me he forgot to get his keys.

i was a passenger in a car and i was looking off in the distance away from the interstate freeway when suddenly i thought about forgetting to tell a coworker about something of which i have since forgotten what- but when i got back onto post on duty later on that day, i ran into the coworker who promptly told me he had a vivid mental image from me, and told me where on the freeway the image was from.

my parents had just passed away several years back, and i was living in the house they lived in until their deaths, when one night there was a horrendous banging and thumping coming from somewhere in the house i could not localise, and this went on for several minutes until i shouted back, "OK i hear you!" at which point the noises ceased cold.

after my father passed away, both me and my mother were roused from sleep by my late father's loud shout of "HEY!" followed by our names. me and my mother compared notes on this, and he heard her name shouted out and i heard my name shouted out, at the same time. when my mother died 2 years later, i was woken from my sleep a few times by her "shouting" "HEY!" at me.

i had an evil army coworker who hated my guts, and somehow was able to always know what i was thinking by dint of his telling me as much and proving it to me repeatedly. he thought that i was "of the devil" and proof of this was his ability to read my mind. i stayed as far away from this person as i could. there were several other army coworkers who told me from time to time that they could always tell what i was thinking. i can't count the number of times i would think of a melody in my head when somebody else would start humming or whistling the same melody a few seconds or minutes later.

watching "jeopardy!" i always seem to know a few seconds ahead of time when a contestent will select a "daily double."

these things all have me stumped, but i don't call these psychic events because they were not under my control. but they were something outside the realm of the five senses.

Sounds psychic to me....
One thing your stories show is your ability to connect with your loved ones/coworkers. For me, these psychic abilities happened around those I loved and were 'connected' too.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 2:07 pm

LunatoMercury wrote:
I can't be to sure, but from what I investigated so far, AS people have different traits on each other. So far I have found a person who literally sees the future and another who really sees what the other people think (which happens randomly for him). As for me, I sort of think that I'm stealing or gaining luck from other people... I dont know why but I even tested it. Even during accidents and academic troubles I tend to be lucky. but when someone tries to hurt me or get closer to me they gain bad luck, and not just normal one, A real bad luck that can break even that person's family apart, I don't know if that's normal...

Being protected by spirit is something to be grateful for, you are 'lucky'...

Some years back I was ostracised by a group of 'close friends' from many many years. One person in particular, the head bully, shattered his foot bones while surfing. The other two 'old friends' then suffered horrendous injury's within the next 6 months.

I felt guilty at the time, as I felt it had something to do with me and a protection spell that was cast over me from years before.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2010, 2:21 pm

For me and my mom its crossword puzzles. They literally match up with whatever we were doing just before, just about to or even what is currently happening.

For example, what is the chance that we would be talking about the Australian Cross when a question in a crossword puzzle asks what the Crux Australis is?

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 2:44 pm

I have had loads of stuff happen to me! Far too much to write in one Post. If you want to know about some things, feel free to PM me- (I may be a little slow to answer though; my Dad is coming to visit for 1 week, so I´ll be kind of occupied. But I´ll answer eventually).

At the moment, I´m having a few odd happenings, like things disappearing, only to re-appear in odd places. Some things that have happened really defy explanation! I often wonder if it´s a) a poltergeist (not sure if I believe in them, though) b) myself somehow kinetically moving objects, or c) things being "lost" in the 4th dimension, only to reappear again later- (though not all these things have reappeared). Sometimes, I´ve "gained" things that I shouldn´t have. My boyfriend (also AS) is having similar experiences.

To change the subject, back in my teen years, I smoked a lot. I usually didn´t really feel "high" when I smoked- (I thought maybe I was immune?)- but I did notice, at that time, and when I wasn´t high necessarily, I saw a lot of "visions". Not sure if they were connected to the pot or not. When I stopped years ago, I also stopped seeing the visions, but I´ve consistently had other experiences. Many ancient cultures use pot, peyote, mushrooms- whatever- to expand their awareness and help them with spiritual experiences. For some people, this seems to work. I´m a little nervous of drugs- (even conventional ones)- I don´t like to feel out of control of my body, and am paranoid of uncomfortable side effects. However, different things work for different people.

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 3:38 pm

I had a really good friend once. One of the few I've ever had, and probably the person who came closest to knowing the real me. We never met each other in real life, but we were pen pals for years. He was probably about thirty years older than me.

I had a dream about him once. There's much I don't remember about the dream, but I remember him telling me that he was all right and that I shouldn't worry about him. I remember feeling him as a very warm presence. Then he stopped sending me e-mails. A couple of weeks later I wrote to the university where he was working to ask them about his whereabouts, and they said that he had died two weeks before.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2010, 4:10 pm

I don't know about spiritual, but I have foredreams sometimes, dreams of things to come.
And premonitions. I guess that's what you'd call it. I can't explain it really, I will look at a certain object, and a feeling will come to me, saying 'don't bring that to school' or 'bring that, you might need it'. Or if I pay a lot of attention to an object, then hours later, something significant will happen to with that object.
As for the foredreams, I've only had 2 or 3 in my life, but sometimes I've had a dream of something really random happening, then I'll forget the dream, that event WILL happen, then I am brought back to my dream. It's really hard to explain.