Am I like little kid with a flying licence

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2006, 12:37 am

Am I like little kid with a flying licence? Is it so amazing that I have a driving licence? To some it definitely; they must think I am too ret*d to be able to drive. It can kind of suck a bit.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2006, 6:52 pm

Come to think of it, my parents didn't want me driving and taught me very little, very reluctantly. My then-fiance taught me - on a stick shift - and for a long time all I did was in-city errand running. Well, one thing follows another, and I can take that car wnywhere I want, though driving West into Phoenix at sunset is an open invitation to overload for me. :?

lae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2006, 8:54 pm

My father told me I was too nervous a person to drive. He used to speed and make sudden U-turns and lane changes with screeching tires. He said I made nervous sounds when he did this. I think that his driving style was why I did that. I think what I'm trying to say is don't let people spoil the joy or hold you back from trying to do something you know you can do.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 12:05 am

I guess you guys evenutally learnt to drive. I wonder if any of you guys had a lot of people be surprised when they find out you have a drivers licence. The worst thing about it is they was as equally surprised when they find out that my manager has not got one.

I find it easier to drive without a driving instructer, listening to him is too much overhead.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 2:50 am

Flying is easy, it's that landing part that's hard.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 9:45 pm

It is a lot less distracting to drive alone, or at least with one quiet person. I don't know how some drivers are able to concentrate with lots of people talking.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 10:09 pm

I'm not sure I will ever drive.. I will likely be driven..