Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:24 pm

Is it an aspie thing to always be bored in the mornings? I just find mornings really boring. On Sundays, the neighbour's put their dog out early and I have to get up due to sensory issues with the noise. (It's my biggest sensory issue) I got an hour ago and it feels like it has been 2 hours! There is nothing for me in the mornings. They are the most boring time ever.

Anyone else find a certain time of the day boring? Like, almost every day.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 3:31 am

when i was your age, it seemed that time took forever, a day lasted at least 36 hours, and it would take ages for noon to come around, much less the quitting time bell. when you get a lot older, time will go by a lot faster, and the mornings will zip by just like the white lines on the highway.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 3:38 am

I wish mornings felt that way for me. It seems like I wake up and suddenly its 4 pm sometimes

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 5:44 am

Not boring, but dead. I am usually not functional until the afternoon. Thankfully, my job lets me sleep pretty late.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:05 am

Well on the weekends I don't even wake up until the afternoon anyway :P

On weekdays, everything seems to go quicker after lunch time, but then, that's because it's an hour before the end of college.

glass
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Feb 2011, 8:11 am

Mornings suck, i normaly start to function at about 11 but dont bother to do anything untill noon.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 11:08 am

Yes, I experience time rather strangely too.

I have mornings that seem to last forever sometimes, I have a difficult time trying to wake up and getting started doing whatever it is I should be doing.

Later on, once I get involved in something, I lose track of time and it passes far too quickly.

If I'm doing something particularly unpleasant and it seems like time is dragging on, I thinking about what it's going to be like when something is over and before I know it, it is over.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:42 pm

I like mornings. I'm most alert between 8:00 and 11:00 AM. Mornings go by too quickly for me, but afternoons seem like they last a while.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 9:41 pm

Cicely wrote:
I like mornings. I'm most alert between 8:00 and 11:00 AM. Mornings go by too quickly for me, but afternoons seem like they last a while.

And that's how the rest of the world wants me to be. I've always thought "some people are morning people and some people are night people, that's just the way it is". If only the whole world thought that.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 9:47 pm

I'm very much a night person. When I have to be up during mornings, I find it torturously, gruelingly slow.

quietbird
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

Same here. If I can get up really early I enjoy how peaceful and quiet the morning is. I like the light, too.

But as for doing anything productive, my brain doesn't really turn on until late afternoon and just gets more intense as the evening progresses.

I usually only go to bed out of sheer exhaustion. No matter how intensely I was doing something in the evening, I have no interest or capacity to do it the next morning.

This also cause a slight trouble for me because I have it in my head that I should 'work' during the day and 'play' at night. As a consequence I rarely ever get any work done. This has been going on for years and it's a constant source of stress and negative feelings.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

I'm very lacking in energy in the mornings. If I'm not required to get up for something, I'll mostly sleep through them. Even if I'm in the unfortunate situation of having to go to an office, though, they don't really seem slow. It's more the afternoons that drag. The last couple hours of the work day seem to last forever when I can't wait to just get out of there.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 9:58 pm

quietbird wrote:
But as for doing anything productive, my brain doesn't really turn on until late afternoon and just gets more intense as the evening progresses.

I usually only go to bed out of sheer exhaustion. No matter how intensely I was doing something in the evening, I have no interest or capacity to do it the next morning.

This also cause a slight trouble for me because I have it in my head that I should 'work' during the day and 'play' at night. As a consequence I rarely ever get any work done. This has been going on for years and it's a constant source of stress and negative feelings.

That sounds just like me!

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 6:08 am

i'm a night person and my mornings are usually slept away. i only am awake afternoone, night, super early morning. sleep late morning

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 7:33 am

Mornings are not to bad. Afternoons are the worst part of the day for me. Then evening and especially nighttime that is when the day becomes interesting.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 7:43 am

I have never felt that way. Late afternoon is typically the most boring part of the day for me, as well as the least productive.