Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

I have seveare aspergers. Inside i feel like a normal person its just i act like a child and i cannot function in day to day life. Basicly i just can't do simple things.

I do ask my parents a lot too help me improve my quality of life but they just will not help me.

What can I do from here about this problem?

I have said this before in other threads but my height of 5ft10 is a major pyschological problem for me becuase i just do not feel tall enough.

I am only 21 is it possible that i have not grown up enough to handle life?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 5:09 pm

I don't think its a matter of not having grown up enough, its more of a matter of being a bit unfit for society...at least that is my veiw. I know that sounds kinda harsh but that is the way I see it even for myself.....I have aspergers, PTSD, depression and anxiety also I have my concerns that there is something else going on with me as I have been having some unusal experiances lately. I really need to talk to an actual psychologist. But yeah I understand how it can be difficult to function I can't even hold a job.

But ok I guess my point is you have things going on that make life difficult especially in this society, its not your fault and its not that you have more growing up to do. So don't blame it on yourself just try and figure out what you can do and work with that. I wish I could be more helpful but I am struggling quite a bit right now as well and still trying to figure things out for myself. As for being 5'10 thats not very short, certainly not anything you should worry about...I am 4'11 and 21 sure that comes with some minor annoyances but you cannot help how tall or short you are.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

It makes feel very insecrure having to look up and walk next to my friend that is 6ft2. Causes me stress and anxiety.

Anyway methods i could use to overcome that problem? :?

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 7:51 pm

Try to start making a list of what practical skills you do/not have and try to find resources and ideas for gaining those skills. As an example, if you can't cook look up various simple recipes to start out.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 8:14 pm

well i think the biggest problem i have is my height insecurities.

i just wanna have a good quality of life.

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2011, 8:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:
It makes feel very insecrure having to look up and walk next to my friend that is 6ft2. Causes me stress and anxiety.

Anyway methods i could use to overcome that problem? :?

If it was me, I would try standing a little further away from my friend so I don't have to look up so much, or else play chess so it doesn't matter.

Gosh you sound like my son who is 22 and got his aspergers from me. Bless you :)

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 8:31 pm

What does your 22 year old son do that is similar to me?

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2011, 8:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
What does your 22 year old son do that is similar to me?

He is always very honest, and very brief. I like it, but it can be hard to get the whole story or even to know which questions to ask.

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.