Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dts888
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2017, 10:59 am

In my school I see many of the autistic students (me being one of them). Though I have no connection to the students and the school is not aware of my autism. When I walk in the halls I often see this one student who has autism, the form of autism I'm not sure about, but he is in normal classes but also stays in the special ed room. Anyways he always has a huge smile on his face and at all the loud events he's super excited. I can assume he is one of the happier cases of autism if that makes sense. All the autistic students at my school are always happy and smiling and like talking to people despite them not being able to properly communicate. On the other hand, I am super quiet, neutral expression and basically every teacher in the school loves me because of it. On top of that I am also a very sad and depressed and easily annoyed person. If someone was to walk down the hall with me I'd get annoyed super fast and would want to jump out of the window haha. Out of curiosity, which "autist" are you? The super happy all the time kind, the depressed suicidal kind, or like me; easily excitable, and little kid like, but gets frustrated super fast and can switch to sadness in a blink of an eye.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

Even though Paroxetine is helping, I guess I am the "depressed/suicidal" type. I've just quit my job, despite the fact that it was in many respects perfect. My only friend/girlfriend no longer wants to see because she finds my behaviour 'frustrating'. And I don't believe I can go to university as I never retain information because of my stupid learning deficits. Thus I feel rather hopeless at the moment.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 11:22 am

I'm quiet, keep to myself, and I'm almost never pissed off - not much annoys me. Out of the options, I'd be the "happy all the time" kind of "autist". It just may not be so obvious given how shy I come across as.

SmallBun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2017, 11:52 am

Dts888 wrote:
easily excitable, and little kid like, but gets frustrated super fast and can switch to sadness in a blink of an eye.

This describes me pretty well. I'm on meds but I can become extremely sad or depressed for no reason. Sometimes, when there is a reason, it's often not a good one. I do wish I had a more positive outlook on life, but I feel like I'm a bit too literal to ever do that. :?

I just like being cute and small.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

I was one of the depressed types in high school. I'm one of the happy types these days. If I was in high school these days, I'd be wearing a red jacket and a frilly shirt. I'd be dressing however I wished and enjoying every minute of it.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2017, 4:06 pm

I was once told I have a depressive personality and I would agree with that assessment. I usually feel low and can't remember not feeling this way. When large changes are happening it becomes full-on depression.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:39 pm

Im easily annoyed, very blunt and honest. Normally quite happy, but sometimes i can be very quiet.