Anyone uses baclofen for autism treatment?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Baquelappue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2011, 11:26 am

Hi there,

This is not meant to be spam but I was told to get here and ask you the following.

I'm baqluappue, a 24 year old IT professional and have had alcohol problems for the last 8 years.

Until I discovered baclofen via an addiction forum and it removed all addiction problems. By that way a discussion was started about the use of baclofen and what other uses it could have.

We read scientific articles and noticed interesting facts. One of them was the use of baclofen in autism treatment.

We would like to know from the people who are using baclofen what the results were on their autism. Just a short story would be really great for our research.

The forum is:

Hmm im not allowed to post so just google for baclofenforum. It's the dot come one without the dash. :)

Thanks in advance,
Baquelappue

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 11:48 am

another graduate from the University of Wikipedia :P

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

I remember, some years ago, taking baclofen to reduce the pain associated with a slipped disc. Lower back pain is a horrible affliction, and I really don't know how much it helped because it was still agony for months.

I do not recall any side effects related to social or cognitive function, or anything at all that might relate to autism, but in fairness I was not looking for any.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 3:11 pm

I take baclofen for spasticity and it does not affect my autistic traits in the slightest.

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2011, 10:58 am

Hi dude, years of abuse including 10 years as a software tester made me into a fat alcoholic with a bad back.

Then I quit and fell into doing Mysore style ashtanga yoga 5 or 6 times a week. This cured my alcoholism very painlessly!

I also smoke cannabis most days which I have recently learned is also good for both autism and alcohol addiction so I cannot guarantee the yoga will work on it's own - I've seen 1 hardcore yoga still an alcoholic after about 15 years!

My health professionals tell me that the combination of ashtanga yoga and cannabis seems to be the best treatment regime they have ever encountered for aspergers.

How do you do it? they ask, I tell them, then they don't wan't to know any more ;)