70-84 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
55-69 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Below 55 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 113

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 5:01 pm

Aspies only. (General everyone-on-the-spectrum Aspie.) No guesses. Just official test results. Feel free to tell us what your IQ is precisely. Feel free to argue over whether or not IQ matters or whether or not it even exists or whatever. (Someday it would be really neat to run a poll with double the options, letting you pick both your IQ and whether you think IQ is a valid measure of anything.)

NOT A DOCTOR

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

My IQ test was all over the place, so my doctor said it's Very High/genius, but I didn't get a specific number.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2011, 5:21 pm

Smart enough to know how to play dumb. But sometimes dumb enough I mess that up. :wink:

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 5:23 pm

YAY! Another IQ thread. :geek:

I've never had an IQ test when I wasn't severely depressed. Then there's this whole autistic atypical processing thing. :huh: :shrug:

Ikonovich
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2011, 5:39 pm

The tests I took when I was younger averaged out at 140, but my mother (Who's a bit higher than I am) has always beat it into my head that IQ isn't nearly as important as the way you apply yourself.

JayL
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

how to measure it anyway? the test should be cultural free, if you dont know something, you simply dont know it, trivia style.
I did the "sample" gigi test, seems it doesnt exist anymore. got the highest it can measure, 120 ( http://www.gigiassessment.com/ )
anyway, while its linked to intelligence, the test just shows your capability of handling certain scenarios in your head while other kind of intelligence is ruled out.

would be interesting to find out what the number is, according to these tests.

Last edited by JayL on 04 Mar 2011, 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 5:44 pm

I think the poll only counts for official tests.

http://www.clipsite.com.ar/HOME/Salud/T ... ncipal.asp I think this is the official Raven test and is most attuned to autistic people. But I'd like Dandelion to verify that it is okay to go off of any online test first. I voted with my result from an off-line test just in case.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 5:55 pm

I have taken some IQ tests, but they never gave me a number. I have no idea why they thought it was important to protect me from that information. I understand that it was very high.

Regardless, it is really unclear what the significance is of high IQ in adults. IQ is really a number that is more useful for children and at the lower ends of the scale.

JayL

04 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

I did the raven test, admittedly bit tired and hasty, but nevertheless

Thank you for taking the Test ...

Here are your results:

Name: Jay
Correct answers: 56/60
Percentile: 95
IQ: Very above average
IQ: 132

oh and one of the clicks didnt register, so I submitted empty answer once.

edit: I redid the test and got 59/60 and IQ: 138. Only remember changing one answer among the one I left empty last time... weird.

Last edited by JayL on 04 Mar 2011, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2011, 6:36 pm

My IQ is 116.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:41 pm

I have heard that IQ tests are considered most "valid" when the sub-test scores are all about the same -- and that if they are significantly scattered then they're not supposed to give you a full-scale IQ score. 

(Although not all test assessors do that, apparently. My verbal and performance IQ were different by 35,  which is called "highly significant" in the write up, but a full-scale score is given anyway. And the individual sub-test scores vary by 4 standard deviations.)

Oh,  and it's known that autistics tend to have a lot of scatter in sub-test scores.  I don't know the particular patterns of scores,  though.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:45 pm

I dunno. I got tested as a kid and it was supposedly around 140 or something. I consistently score at around 130 to 135, though, in the tests that I've taken.

I have some trouble with the questions they ask, though, and I don't think they are a good representation of my intelligence.

For example, I may not remember how many days there are in a specific month, but I could figure out the question had I known that bit of information off the top of my head.

Another example is that I fail at mental math and I struggle with simple calculations (like deciding how much to tip someone). Yet I don't have any problems with calculus or "higher" math.

Oh well. And then there's the issue of different types of intelligence. I find it hard to imagine that these tests measure anything meaningful.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:50 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I think the poll only counts for official tests.

http://www.clipsite.com.ar/HOME/Salud/T ... ncipal.asp I think this is the official Raven test and is most attuned to autistic people. But I'd like Dandelion to verify that it is okay to go off of any online test first. I voted with my result from an off-line test just in case.

I'm not sure about online tests... I was thinking of people getting tested in person and stuff. Like, officially.

Also, your link is in Spanish.

NOT A DOCTOR

JayL

04 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

google translate ftw. it only asks for your name and age though..

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

Oh, FSIQ = 112
...woohoo?

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

DandelionFireworks wrote:
I'm not sure about online tests...

I distrust online IQ tests. A lot of them try to sell you reports, so I suspect that they pad the scores to sell more reports.