Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 5:26 pm

I made a thread about this on the 'Members Only' board, but decided to bring it here, where it might get a little more feedback.

Here are some different ideas.

* Maybe the hero could be teamed up often with a female detective, both of which have AS.

* Aspie Man doesn't necessarily have to have super powers. But I vote in him having great strength, very high intelligence, hypersensory, and hyperfocus.

* One weakness he has could be sensory-overload. (instead of kryptonite, or whatever.)

Please send feed-back.

scott
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2006, 8:06 pm

What if it never says the aspie hero has AS but rather make them think he might have AS?

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 11:38 pm

That sounds like a creative idea. Thank you. It will be considered.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

19 Jul 2006, 12:00 am

He would have strange obsessions that prove usefull in his fight for
justice. But not things you would think a normal superhero would need.
Like maybe he knows trival statistic fact and could calculate things with Spock
like logic.
Like here a made up example with made up facts.

aspie_man: Hmm a 3rd floor jump I will have a 67% of avoiding an injury acording
to xyz ref book or I could climb down that coaxial cable that has a tension strengt
of x lbs per foot to give me a 95% chance but it wil take me about 60 seconds more.

Bad_guy: fires gun at aspie_man.

aspie_man: I will go with the jump!

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 12:50 am

You know what? That's a GREAT idea!

That would be something that really sets him apart from other heroes, and really helps establish the fact that he has AS; always calculating and using logic, along with his strength and powers to save the day. :D

See, that is what I have been searching for. I really like that little scriptment you did: helped put it into perspective!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 1:18 am

Okay if you like that. How about everybody he works with has no idea who he
is or in what context they helping his fight for justice. (okay know I need to come
up with example.............processing..............)

aspie_man(known as Bob the computer repairman to his emplyee Jill): Jill I need
you delivery this package to the Peking Duck House(Dr Wong evil lair) on 5th street.

Jill: What is it?

aspie_man: Its a laptop I repaired.

Jill(at peking duck house): Look my boss said this is yours.

Evil_hench_man_1: Lady your name is not on my clip board . How about you get
your pretty little self out of here.

Jill: Look if you would just sign this pink slip I will go.

Evil_hench_men_1: What you want my phone number sweet thing.

Evil_hench_men_2(walks in lobby): Whats the problem here?

Jill: I'm trying to delivery a laptop we repaired.

Evil_hench_men_2:( Signs the slip .)
Jill:(gives evil look to Evil_hench_man_1 and walks out)

Evil_hench_men_2(opens package): Hmm nice laptop. Turns it on.

aspie_man(in a hidden room watches a video signal from inside
Peking Duck).

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 1:41 am

:D So he is very resourceful in every way possible. It could be questionable in some cases, but I actually think those types of tactics are logical.

Trying to think of some more possible instances ... but you really summed it up.

Maybe he could directly use the badguys, also. For instance, if he doesn't know the location of a villain's HQ, then he could perhaps set himself up to be kidnapped as 'Bob'.

For instance ...

[Aspie Man goes undercover as a mobman. Joining the gang known as the 'Red Claws', he experiences being in their numbers for a few weeks, but he is (purposefully) found to be trying to get information from the computers owned by the Red Claws.]

Henchman: We'll take you to our boss. This is a 'federal crime' so to speak.

Bob (Aspie Man): Please! No! Just let me go!

[Later in the Red Claws' lair, in front of the mobman boss]

BOSS: I heard you were hacking into our accounts ... (takes drag off cigar) ... stealing info on our jobs around the city. Well, boys. Take him out and give him a swim' lesson.

Aspie Man: I think NOT, mobman boss! I have finally found you and your operating HQ! [begins to beat up mobmen, eventually exposing the whereabouts of all drug dealings by interrogation, putting all of the mobmen in jail.]

:wink: That was another example. Your's was better though.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 1:57 am

Maybe Aspie Man can be a super, advancely genetically engineered aspie from a different planet called "WrongPlanet" from the distant future, which could be a planet where all humans are engineered to be "super aspies", or aspies with extreme intelligence and extreme savant skills. I wonder who can be his archvillian? I was thinking of a guy named CAN Man, or "Cure Autism Now" Man, who is also from the distant future who is against all aspies during the present time on earth to become more advanced than his planet, which happens in the future. Maybe a plot twist like that or something. Anyways, it would be fun to come up with an idea about it; maybe there can be a weekly comic strip or aspie cartoons for WrongPlanet or something like that.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 2:00 am

Maybe he could be part con-man but he only victimizes badguys. Like if he needs
a boat he goes undercover and con's a boat from a minor slimball bad_guy. The
boat get destroyed in a chase seen. You know like how the "A-Team" would do it.
Your forgeting the most important thing "theme music".

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 10:09 am

Quote:
Maybe Aspie Man can be a super, advancely genetically engineered aspie from a different planet called "WrongPlanet" from the distant future, which could be a planet where all humans are engineered to be "super aspies", or aspies with extreme intelligence and extreme savant skills. I wonder who can be his archvillian? I was thinking of a guy named CAN Man, or "Cure Autism Now" Man, who is also from the distant future who is against all aspies during the present time on earth to become more advanced than his planet, which happens in the future. Maybe a plot twist like that or something. Anyways, it would be fun to come up with an idea about it; maybe there can be a weekly comic strip or aspie cartoons for WrongPlanet or something like that.

I tried a comic strip about it once, but I only have Windows Paint Program. If someone else could do the drawings, and we all could take the turn writing, then that might be the way to go.

To use WrongPlanet, we would probably have to make Aspie Man exclusive only to http://wrongplanet.net , in which time we would have to talk to the owners/moderators.

Quote:
Maybe he could be part con-man but he only victimizes badguys. Like if he needs
a boat he goes undercover and con's a boat from a minor slimball bad_guy. The
boat get destroyed in a chase seen. You know like how the "A-Team" would do it.
Your forgeting the most important thing "theme music".

I was thinking along the lines of a composite of the Superman theme. Except with an electrice guitar maybe. :wink:

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 12:11 pm

I can not draw myself. I have dreamed of using Povray to generate a cartoon.
Povray is a program that generates photo-realistic 3-d images . It takes a lot
computer time and alot work seting up the program files. I've made a simple
mpeg in the past by making an object move up and down. If I every get treated
for my ADD/ADHD I want to do a real cartoon oneday.

mysteriouslyabsent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2006, 2:05 pm

If you think about it, a lot of TV shows have people not all that far removed from what you are suggesting.

House, Monk, various Law and Order, CSI and all sorts of shows have people who, if not AS, are at least certainly not neurologically typical. They tend to be good at solving crimes or whatever they do, but are hopeless in social situations, in fact they are usually slightly obsessive and devoted to whatever it is they do, which is why they are good.

Take House (or House MD as I think it's called in the USA) for example, the guy knows his stuff, a veritable encyclopedia of obscure medical information, yet he has relatively poor social skills and tends to deal with people by either insulting them, telling people exactly what he thinks and generally being annoying and perplexing to the 'ordinary' doctors and people. I'm not suggesting that House has AS, but he does have some similar characteristics, in fact people who know me well and like the show, including my own family, have commented that I am similar in behaviour to House in some ways (not sure if that is good or bad! :lol: ).

In fact it's often fairly common to pair a seemingly odd couple up in these shows. Usually one character is a somewhat innocent and noble minded individual who is extremely logical and knows lots of facts and stuff that come in useful and generally sees the world in black and white, almost robot like, but they are usually hopeless at some social situations completely missing the fact that beautiful women are coming on to them and so forth, so they are quite Aspie like in a way. Then we have the cynical but street smart one who can do all the stuff the other guy can't like talk themselves out of situations and generally be a lying, devious, scoundrel. Both end up compliementing each other well even if they pretend not to get along and the 'odd couple' or 'good cop/bad cop' relationship has become fairly common in movies and tv shows. The old TV show Due South is probably a reasonable example of this and I could probably come up with lots more if I sat down and thought about it more.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 2:44 pm

maybe he's more of an observer than an "interacter".

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 4:22 pm

Quote:
If you think about it, a lot of TV shows have people not all that far removed from what you are suggesting.

House, Monk, various Law and Order, CSI and all sorts of shows have people who, if not AS, are at least certainly not neurologically typical. They tend to be good at solving crimes or whatever they do, but are hopeless in social situations, in fact they are usually slightly obsessive and devoted to whatever it is they do, which is why they are good.

Take House (or House MD as I think it's called in the USA) for example, the guy knows his stuff, a veritable encyclopedia of obscure medical information, yet he has relatively poor social skills and tends to deal with people by either insulting them, telling people exactly what he thinks and generally being annoying and perplexing to the 'ordinary' doctors and people. I'm not suggesting that House has AS, but he does have some similar characteristics, in fact people who know me well and like the show, including my own family, have commented that I am similar in behaviour to House in some ways (not sure if that is good or bad! ).

In fact it's often fairly common to pair a seemingly odd couple up in these shows. Usually one character is a somewhat innocent and noble minded individual who is extremely logical and knows lots of facts and stuff that come in useful and generally sees the world in black and white, almost robot like, but they are usually hopeless at some social situations completely missing the fact that beautiful women are coming on to them and so forth, so they are quite Aspie like in a way. Then we have the cynical but street smart one who can do all the stuff the other guy can't like talk themselves out of situations and generally be a lying, devious, scoundrel. Both end up compliementing each other well even if they pretend not to get along and the 'odd couple' or 'good cop/bad cop' relationship has become fairly common in movies and tv shows. The old TV show Due South is probably a reasonable example of this and I could probably come up with lots more if I sat down and thought about it more.

I have watched a few episodes of HOUSE and it does appear that he has AS traits. House is an interesting character, in that he is so completely unique from all the other surrounding characters. That alone is probably the main reason the show is so successful: that, and his magnificent ability to diagnose mysterious illnesses or ailments. :wink:

Quote:
maybe he's more of an observer than an "interacter".

He does observe the villains and their dealings; but we really need him to 'interact' with the story. That is what makes a great superhero, IMO.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 4:30 pm

I think a real aspie hero would be the one who's either almost doing the whole Schlinder thing and saving autistics and other such people from a totalitarian leader bent on genocide (many people feel that Han's Asperger may have had AS himself and did what he could to prop up our positive points to save us from the furnace). Also, you could always look into the famous eccentric fighter pilot who did some real heroic things that cut a battle short and saved lots of lives, maybe that guy or girl who always wanted to be a firefighter and who saved many lives just because they became ultra-elite with their job performance based on their obsession with their occupation. Maybe an aspie researcher who may have even come up with a cure to a fatal disease and saved thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives. Those I think would be the best bet on real aspie/autistic heroes and if Clint Eastwood or anyone else like that wanted to make another Million Dollar Baby type movie or get into our world in a real visceral way, something like that might be a good place for them to start.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 6:04 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
He would have strange obsessions that prove usefull in his fight for
justice. But not things you would think a normal superhero would need.
Like maybe he knows trival statistic fact and could calculate things with Spock
like logic.
Like here a made up example with made up facts.

aspie_man: Hmm a 3rd floor jump I will have a 67% of avoiding an injury acording
to xyz ref book or I could climb down that coaxial cable that has a tension strengt
of x lbs per foot to give me a 95% chance but it wil take me about 60 seconds more.

Bad_guy: fires gun at aspie_man.

aspie_man: I will go with the jump!
They already did a show with that, it was called John Doe.
/ducks
I think it should deal with minor villans for a while. (I mean small time, with nothing behind them) Then as he gets more well known, people start coming after him, although he still cracks down on a few others. Then we find out that there is a mastermind behind the people coming after him, although they appear to have no connection: A genocidal, supersmart manic who is bent on wiping out all autistics. or, even better, he is from another planet, and when finally found, it is revealed that Aspie man is also from a different planet, and that all autistics on earth are from alien interbreeding. Then Aspie man eventually has to roam across the galaxy, searching for this villan. Who knows what he'll find? At the end he has to go home, though, to his home planet, which could either stay isolated, or open up to earth.
aspiegirl2, you inspired almost all of that. Thanks.