Autism Discrimination – In The Last Place You Would Expect.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

JohnnyAspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

Is it just me that is naïve but I was really shocked to read these comments a publisher made to someone with autism especially when the publisher is supposed to make their money from autism and aspergers. You can read the article at the site mentioned below

bubblecow.co.uk/blog/2011/09/12/writing-a-novel-is-it-worth-it/

Does the publisher have a point?

We live in a world where celebs are the new gods and sell books in their millions even though they don’t write them. I’m sure people would say ‘I would buy the best book.’ So would I say that and that is what I did and would highly recommend To Kill a Stone Heart by Mason Dove as Fenton Stone Rocks.. However when it comes down to it, I would rather buy a book by someone who knows what they were talking about and not just cashing in on. I also appreciate the hard work and struggles that someone with autism/aspergers might have faced because I know I couldn’t do it myself.

I have faced the usual bullying and ignorance as well as family and friends offending me by what they say although they are trying to be nice and helpfull. The best example for me was when I heard a Doctor saying he doesn't look disabled they normally look like..... I won't go into the rest of the negative comments. Like people with autism all look a certain way... Doh. I know you are now thinking this guy is gorgeous and doesn't have two heads like the rest LOL.

So where have you faced discrimination because of your Autism, Aspergers and do you just expect it because you are different. Would you never tell anyone again if you could get away with it because of the way people treat you when they know?