Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ProudAspie
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2011, 9:17 pm

Are there any other vets who are aspies?

I would be interested to know about your experiences as resettlement after active service seems to be doubly difficult.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:27 pm

Former Navy here.

It was difficult to re-adjust to a culture that is not driven by the clock, and where you did not have to drop everything twice a week just to go stand in the hot sun with a few hundred other people dressed just like you and be counted.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:39 pm

I was in the Navy myself. The hardest part about resettlement was the fact that when I got out, nobody would hire me even for a minimum wage job. It was at this point that I learned not to count on the system or anyone else to help me. The idea that the government will help the needy or down and out is a myth despite all the lies the government tells everyone. The government steals from those who have not (as well as the "have's), rather than serve the people.

I've been self employed for much of my lif, and I do not expect things to change.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2011, 9:46 pm

cyberscan wrote:
It was at this point that I learned not to count on the system or anyone else to help me. The idea that the government will help the needy or down and out is a myth despite all the lies the government tells everyone. The government steals from those who have not (as well as the "have's), rather than serve the people.

Especially in a dog eat dog place like America, you are literally on your own Jack. When your employer gives you the sack and you must find your next role off your own back

It is harder finding a professional role after serving in a structured military environment. Resettling into the civilian world that is not structured and rigid is a huge adjustment for a former military personnel servicemen. The military provides discipline, structure, routine and a brotherhood with fellow servicemen. The real world is a lot different to the structured military establishment.

The real world is disorganised and chaotic than the comfort of a structured military career.