son of woman I know just diagnosed with AS

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

I met a woman on OkCupid, and her son was just diagnosed with Asperger's. I want to talk to her about it (I found out on the internet), but AFAIK she hasn't called me back (I have a land line with an answering machine but no caller ID).

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

Maybe she'd prefer to stay in e-mail for a while?

scaffelpike
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Nov 2011, 1:23 am

if she has only just found out, and if u have only just met her she may not feel comfortable discussing it yet, with anyone, let alone a stranger. Not to mention being on the phone to a stranger can be intimidating. Perhaps email is the way to go. And dont push then topic, just offer to aide her understanding if she wants....

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 8:20 am

scaffelpike wrote:
if she has only just found out, and if u have only just met her she may not feel comfortable discussing it yet, with anyone, let alone a stranger. Not to mention being on the phone to a stranger can be intimidating. Perhaps email is the way to go. And dont push then topic, just offer to aide her understanding if she wants....

She already knew her son has other mental diagnoses Depression, ADD, impulsivity. We've talked on the phone before (few months ago) after we met at the local zoo once. These days I sometimes tend to like talk with my vocal chords rather than FB message or regular email them.