Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

I'm not sure when it started, but I just realized that my sensory issues have gotten a lot worse lately. I don't want to wear any but my very softest clothes -- half my wardrobe has become unwearable. Sudden or loud noises are very upsetting. And sometimes when my family hugs or kisses me, my skin crawls.

I've been seriously overtired for a long time, that might have something to do with it.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of learning to brush myself, or maybe having my husband do it, which would be more fun. :wink:

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:52 pm

Try relaxing more. Did any unusual stressors come into your life?

alexi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

Definitely being tired could play a large role. I know for me when I am tired my tolerance is absolutely compromised. Especially when someone touches me, I am ready to tear my skin off to get away from it. I would try to get some good rest and go from there.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

I've found that the more I'm exposed to things I'm sensitive to the more sensitive I am. Maybe this is true for you too?

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

I've found that things like this can fluctuate. Sometimes I'm more sensitive than others. I'd also look for some sort of outside factor like stress or change in something.

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

The main stressor is the exhaustion, which has been going on for several years now and is seriously impacting my life. Unfortunately, the cause remains mysterious.

I do think it's true that more exposure creates more sensitivity for me.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2011, 12:48 pm

How's your work? For me it's definitely work that is the #1 stressor. I also feel fatigued and exhausted. All my problems started getting worse when I started this IT job in my early 30s. Now I'm 44. The job requires lots of multitasking, contacts with people and working in busy environment with lots of bright lights. As the IT field grows more complex, so does my job. I'm at the point I can barely function at work and my sensory overload is really bad. The weird thing is that I like what I'm doing, well mostly, but the environment is killing me. I'm awaiting my testing and diagnosis with great anxiety.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

My sensory issues have been worse than usual because I have not gotten enough sleep in the past week.