Autism Interventions - A Valuable Resource

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

I'm studying a module at university on autism. We're currently looking at interventions and how they are evaluated. The course material refers us to an organisation I had never heard of. Having now looked at their website I'm like, WOW!, are others aware that these guys exist?

It's a UK based charity called Research Autism. They maintain a database of all known interventions for autism and commission independent research to evaluate their effectiveness. They are gradually working through the database and the results are accessible for all. The link below takes you to their website to the page of interventions which have been/are currently being evaluated. (There's tons more on the database).

http://www.researchautism.net/autism_tr ... tions.ikml

I'm most impressed and wanted to share.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 10:44 am

Thanks for posting. 8)

That's a good starting point for anybody looking for help with alleviating autism. I like the music therapy idea particularly.....I just wish they'd explained the therapy in more detail, so I could have a go myself. But it wouldn't be too hard for me to contact the British Association for Music Therapy to find out more.