Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:43 am

Anyone else have this problem in public? I've noticed it with myself a few recent occasions:

- I was at a family party on new years eve (get along with them very well, they know about the aspergers and everything and don't judge, this side of the family anyway) and was having a conversation with my uncle and drinking a beer. We're just standing there talking about music and I wasn't even nervous. The whole time my forehead was dripping sweat.

- I was on a date, this time I was nervous because it was basically a blind date and the place was one of those narrow places and super crowded, but also the head dripping with sweat.

- Was at a bar on friday night and when I was on the dance floor to listen to the band, my forehead was dripping with sweat. I'd take breaks every once in a while and go in the back and play some video games (one of those Dave and Busters type places) then come back and also held a rag with me to wipe off my head.

Could this be claustrophobia?

I've always had anxiety, but I don't remember this ever happening. In fact when I was super anxious in my teens, early 20s, I'd just have that internal feeling that I was sweating even though I wasn't and I'd shake and stutter.

Now it's just the forehead and this only recently started.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2012, 4:09 am

I've had this all my life. I have never known anyone else who had it. A loose term for it is called hyperhydration. It is soo embarrassing. It usually happens when I have been stressed. Even if I am not nervous about a situation, I can get it. Like getting dressed for something after rushing around. I can attribute it to stress. When I am in crowds for too long and with someone whom I am not sure if I am inconveniencing. (I think this comes from my ex who used to get very impatient with me all the time). Or even just crowded situations where I feel I am going to be judged.

My hair will actually become so wet that it looks like I took a shower.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:48 am

I often get that when overloaded or experiencing a repressed anger then I can get the sweats also most obviously in hot weather. :arrow:

Trainbuff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2012, 10:00 am

Yes, I tend to sweat excessively as well. But keep in mind some NTs suffer from this as well.

I don't think its a aspie thing, as I've googled why I sweated so much and nothing came up in relation to Aspergers. Plus I read on NT dominated message boards where people suspected they suffered from excess sweating.

I had a science teacher in JHS that suffered from excess sweating and I'm certain he was a NT.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

It used to be very bad here, but it got better with time, my forehead is always shiny tho.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 11:00 am

Check this product out, it might help you with that. I use Klima deodorant and it's done wonders for me in stressful situations.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

AnnettaMarie wrote:
Check this product out, it might help you with that. I use Klima deodorant and it's done wonders for me in stressful situations.

Unfortunately it is difficult to put this on your scalp. Maybe on your forehead as long as it dries clear.