Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Moriath
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2012, 9:08 am

Opps put this in the wrong forum last night will repost it here.

I have been looking and trying different ways to get my take on life and reality as it affects me to the people near and dear.

From emails to talking and even written monologues

Nothing seemed to strike home.

Recently I tried a sort of poetry and it seemed to concentrate the ideas and disseminate them more clearly.

So I thought I would share what I have done so far and see if it is any help to anyone else

http://sadclown-aspie.blogspot.com/

Is the URL.

Not looking for plaudits etc just sharing on the remote chance people might feel the same and it help them to communicate with others.

Thanks

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

I dont understand the post, i dont talk much

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 9:44 am

nintendofan wrote:
I dont understand the post, i dont talk much

The OP is looking for a way to express his thoughts and emotions, and tell other people how he sees the world. He found that poetry is the best way for him to do that.

I can relate to that btw. I often talk in rhymes (to myself, that is). I narrate whatever I'm doing at the time in rhymes, simply as a mental exercise. I've never tried to express my feelings in this way, but I can see why this might work best for you. Writing poetry is more formal and also intellectually challenging. It's very interesting :)

Moriath

28 Jan 2012, 8:45 pm

Thanks, I too. Seem to get things running through my head that way and I have receive positive responses from my family saying the it helps them understand.

Just to show te way I think and perceive things s different from them and how.

A big page of text often had them confused or just saying ah ok , which is an nt equivalent to ok go away thanks anyway

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

Poetry can be a great way to express yourself. I used to write poetry and had several published in the past but stopped writing a long time ago.

Personally I blame the medication for depression that they put me on. After that I would sit down at my pc or with a pencil and pad to write and end up with...nothing but a blank page.

Damn anti depressants. They have also nuked my memory (when I used to have a good enough memory to get A grades in exams without needing to revise) and slowed my learning speed and cognitive functioning down significantly. They have killed my IQ! I am trying to get off the darn things in the hopes my memory and cognitive functioning will improve.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

I can relate to this. I communicate best through music. I consider music to be my first language and words to be my second. I wish everyone spoke music instead of words.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 11:36 pm

bumble wrote:
Poetry can be a great way to express yourself. I used to write poetry and had several published in the past but stopped writing a long time ago.

Personally I blame the medication for depression that they put me on. After that I would sit down at my pc or with a pencil and pad to write and end up with...nothing but a blank page.

Damn anti depressants. They have also nuked my memory (when I used to have a good enough memory to get A grades in exams without needing to revise) and slowed my learning speed and cognitive functioning down significantly. They have killed my IQ! I am trying to get off the darn things in the hopes my memory and cognitive functioning will improve.

I also felt awful when I was on Venlafaxine for a short time. If you are trying to taper your meds off, I suggest taking hypericum a.k.a. St. John's wort instead. It's a herbal over-the-counter drug that works great against light and medium depression without the side effects of SSRIs. If it works for you, you might want to keep taking it.

I've been using hypericum for several years now. Make sure to get a highly dosed extract and not something homeopathic. I use 650 mg pills and take 1.5 pills per day. It makes me more active and productive since hypericum affects dopamine levels in addition to serotonin. At the same time I feel slightly tired, but that can be compensated for with increased coffee intake. Other than minimal tiredness, I haven't noticed any side effects.