Anyone taking Risperdone or Cymbalta for AS?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

fishsticks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2012, 7:44 pm

Is anyone taking Risperdone/Risperdal or Cymbalta for AS? If so, what before and after differences have you noticed?

The reason why I'm taking these medications is I had a very bad marijuana trip and developed severe depersonalization and derealization for 6 months. I went to an inpatient program and they prescribed me those medications. When I left the program, they told me that they believe I have mild AS, mild OCD, and anxiety. So far these medications are working. However, when I get intense anxiety, I start experiencing derealization and depersonalization. But I can now function completely. However, my philosophy and perception of reality have changed. Some differences in perception and personality include: counting objects, patterns in objects sticking out, increased spatial reasoning, increased visual memory, visual hypo-emotionality, increased memory, detachment, increased sensitivity to light and sounds, decreased irritability, increased aloofness, decreased/increased socialization, decreased empathy, increased childlike behavior, increased obsession with logic, able to look in people's eyes, and less impulsive. Are these differences due to my marijuana experience or the medications? Is my increased self-awareness allowing me to see myself differently or are the prescription drugs and marijuana to blame? I feel more autistic.

Thanks!! !