Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

InterestingIsabella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Apr 2012, 5:04 pm

I rock back and forth like crazy and when i mean crazy i mean ive broken 5 computer chairs and a loveseat couch. its like a rocking motion with a bit of a bounce i get so embarrassing trying to explain it to people. i rock back and forth because it makes me feel good usually i rock to music and that gets my thoughts or fantasies in my head start and that makes me happy and the weird thing is i get the same sensation of rocking as the same as sitting in a moving car...its quite interesting as i would say different unusual and unique

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 5:59 pm

Well how do you feel at the time before you start? & how long have you been in front of the computer? & have you tried going for a walk? Or meditation walking back & fourth on the same line while paying attention to your body moving?

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 1:23 am

I also love rocking.

InterestingIsabella

29 Apr 2012, 8:11 am

i feel fine before i start. its not always infront of the computer too. and other things like taking a walk doesnt satify me

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 Apr 2012, 8:30 am

I rock fairly frequently. I've managed to wear out two computer chairs in a manner that does seem in retrospect to be indicative of rocking.

I do like rocking, and it's my best coping mechanism for anxiety. I often do it without realizing. I'll notice I am rocking and that I have been rocking for some time, but I couldn't possibly say how long. When I try to sit still, though, I feel uncomfortable and fidgety. When I'm stimming, I feel great. So I stim a lot. Not as much as I did before this past year, but I think that might have something to do with the zoloft I'm taking.