Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 3:50 pm

I'm sorry I was away for awhile, I was doing really bad for awhile.

Anyway, I'm now wondering if my meltdowns were being caused by possible autism or not because a couple of medications greatly affected them!! !

SSRIs intensified them greatly (I was having severe meltdowns every single day) and made me manic so I had to get rid of those meds, and now they added a second mood stabilizer and they have greatly reduced! With my current combo of meds I'm doing pretty well even though the amount of stress is about the same.

Now I'm wondering if this is just bipolar doing this! Or how do autistic meltdowns react to the same meds...

Now all i was to do is go back to work if I keep feeling this well...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 9:10 pm

I’m glad to hear that you’re doing better! Diagnosis is so hard. My son has, over the years, been diagnosed with ADHD, Aspergers, anxiety, panic disorder, depression and Borderline Personality Disorder. There are so many overlapping symptoms and med reactions so diverse. In the end, in his case, it doesn’t matter to me anymore what they call it, I just wish they could help him find peace. So it’s very, very good that they seem to have found the right meds for you.