Touch sensory issues - what bugs you the MOST?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

wintermutetower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

I don't have sensitivity to sound like a lot of people, but I'm very sensitive to some specific kinds of touch. I'm super curious what unusual, super specific things bother other people!

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm

Glue or any adhesive substance
Wet paper
Wet wood (I will vomit if I have a popsicle stick or wooden spoon in my mouth)
Wood in the mouth (wet or dry) Curse you top banner with the kid having a tongue depressor put in the mouth... Now I have to type one-handed.
Slime of any sort
Certain fabric blends (too much polyester with the cotton or that bamboo fabric)
S.O.S pads
Tags on clothes
Seams on socks
Foods with mushroom-like squishiness or certain types of skins (I can't stand things of that sort in my mouth)
Keypads with far too much public finger grease

wintermutetower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Good list, I'm with you on the socks seams. Oh and I forgot, I totally hate chalk, chalkboards, and chalkboard accessories. The latter two mostly because they usually have chalk on them.

premedaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2012, 9:20 pm

I absolutely cannot stand cotton balls. SOS pads are some of my least favorite things in the world. Not only are they painful to touch, they smell and sound awful. Sock seams....I always turn my socks inside out. Fleece. Hair. Chalk.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jul 2012, 9:25 pm

Anything greasy or rubbery sets me off.

And on a similar note, I hate being touched by other people or things when I'm not expecting it. I go all karate kid on the offending person/object.

Mandelbaum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2012, 9:26 pm

Seams on socks, clothing tags, photographic paper (can't touch it, even worse if my nails touch it), anything too polished, some types of fabric and lots of other things I can't remember now.

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

I'm more sensitive to hearing soft to loud noises. But when it comes to touching, I'm sensitive to:

-Tags on clothes
-Anything that feels slimy or wet (even food, which makes me spit it out)
-Poking (I'm so ticklish)
-Light touches on my skin

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

The biggest ones:
Being touched - when people touch me, it seriously bothers me.
Light touch from anything

Some others, in no particular order:
wet things
slimy things
most sorts of food - especially any sort of food residue
sticky things
anything that doesn't feel clean
clothes with seams or tags
clothes and cloth and such with rough textures
wool
the feeling from opening cans - meaning popping the tab on cans of soda - this is tactile and auditory, both from the sound of the cracking and the feel of it through the tab and can
feelings of heat - such as from sunlight, unless there is a breeze or something going against my skin.
the feeling of being wet or getting wet - once I'm completely wet it's alright - I dread getting into the shower, even though many days I take two of them
pencils - a triple annoyance - the feel of the wood bothers me, the feel from the graphite (especially on the page) bothers me, and the eraser/eraser bits when you erase bother me. Sharpening them bothers me, too. I haven't used them in over 10 years.

I'm sure there are more but none are coming to mind right now.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm

Clothing hurts. I have to wear soft loose clothing, and even then it bothers me. especially waist bands and shirts rubbing on my sholders.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

Mostly dry and slightly rough things, like:

Pencils (the feeling and sound of writing with them). I hate them so much I even dislike hearing the word.
The sound and feel of styrofoam.
Some types of paper and cardboard.
Drywall.
Chalk (another word I don't like hearing).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

I have to wear rubber gloves when I wash dishes because I hate the way any dish soap feels on my hands or water that's full of dish soap. Summer stinks because I hate wearing shorts and greasy sunblock and sticky bug repellant. I can't stand almost every female-specific fabric -- silk, satin, lace, pantyhose (I don't think most women like pantyhose, however). Socks that go up past my ankles and those really thin, light socks that make my feet sweat horribly, and pantyhose does the same thing. Hair conditioner is always too heavy and oily on my hair I don't use it no matter how frizzed my hair gets.

PixelPony
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2012, 11:39 pm

Photo paper, like for a printer. Makes my skin crawl.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 12:01 am

Scratchy clothes tags - I can put up with some, but I remove most.
Light touches by people - unexpected ones in particular.
Skivvies - not sure if I still have this one but I hated wearing them as a kid; the tight bits around the neck and wrist were horrible.
Jeans that are too tight somewhere - for some reason this makes me anxious and I feel like crying.
The seam at the end of socks/stockings - when it is at a particular spot on my toes.

There must be heaps more because I stole a few of these from other posters. Hard to think of them unless they are happening.

NORTHER12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2012, 1:17 am

Any kind of dirt on the bottom of my feet. I wear flip flops or other shoes at all times. Only exception is if I live alone and I can vacuum often enough to make sure the place is clean.

Lotions of any kind. Any greasy feeling on my hands especially. Touching things that people with lotion or whatever else on their hands have touched. It's just gross to feel that greasy feeling all over something. You can imagine that greasy feeling getting over everything your lotioned skin gets in contact with. Gross...

Like others have said, I usually don't like people touching me, especially if I don't know them. Some people like to touch your back even if they don't know you well. Hands off!

Don't like to wear hats or heavy watches. I really prefer to always know the time, so I wear a lightweight watch. Hats just constrict around my head too much.

Grimy keyboards, as someone else said, are just disgusting. I try to wipe with off with alcohol swabs, if I have one. I usually don't because I don't carry them around with me.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 1:40 am

Anything that involves touches coming from other people.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 1:55 am

There are a lot here in this thread that bother me but I will just add to them:
People who scratch their nails on their jeans, ugh.
Accidentally scuffing my bare feet on concrete.