Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:05 am

Hi for some weird reason I am always constantly curious and sometimes it can lead me into dangerous situations, others just awkward, or interesting! I dont know why I am always curious but I am. Is this normal?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:06 am

Im the same way.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:07 am

I'm the same way, even now that I'm 50. I believe it's a strong need to make sense of a world we don't understand. And I think it's also at the basis of our special interests - which are almost always about learning from our surroundings. If, like me, you notice that once you get the principle of it, your curiosity vanishes, then this may be the reason.

Last edited by Moondust on 16 Aug 2012, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:07 am

Oh, a piece of candy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSEw9CrSc-U[/youtube] :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

fefe333
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 2:22 am

I'm ALWAYS asking questions. I want to know what that thing does an why did he do that and how does this work.

aspie quiz results: 172/200
I am suspected to have aspergers, but I'm not diagnosed.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:58 am

Me too I been always wanting to know how things work what makes things tick and recently how do you say something in a different language!!

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2012, 6:17 am

Yep I am like this. I always ask questions and explore places just to see what's there. I also do alot of research online about varying topics just because I'm curious. I want to know the how's why's and what's of everything.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2012, 6:18 am

Way to go!
But, just make sure you don't stick your nose in other people's affairs, that's what old women do.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2012, 6:24 am

I'm obsessively curious about everything.

Your Aspie score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 68 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:32 am

Moondust wrote:
I'm the same way, even now that I'm 50. I believe it's a strong need to make sense of a world we don't understand. And I think it's also at the basis of our special interests - which are almost always about learning from our surroundings. If, like me, you notice that once you get the principle of it, your curiosity vanishes, then this may be the reason.

Emotively? The "social contract" has always interested me.

I think you hit there on special interests; and intelligence factors in here if the scope is academic, as "gifted" people spend much time in this area.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:41 am

This is probably why I'm the only person who had no problem with a pre-school child who asks "why?" constantly. That was me but I had to learn to curtail it a bit when I realized I knew more than my teachers in my school years. At work I'm always the one who questions everything!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 7:52 am

Have you ever seen a young child, around age 3-4ish? The way they are constantly asking questions?
I never grew out of being like that. The difference now is that I know more than most of the people around me, so I do my own research to answer my questions.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:09 am

My daughter's especially like this. A walk to school, in the morning, is like a scientific expedition. She has to stop and look at every slug on the way and she spots unusual looking plants and insects. Even when she was really tiny, she was obviously more curious than other kids her age. I used to take her to rhyme time in our local library, but she wouldn't sit on my knee and clap her hands like the other babies. She would scurry off to see what books she could get her hands on. I had to stop taking her, much earlier than I'd planned, as I was always chasing after her and I think we were distracting the others. When we went to baby gym, she would not sit in the circle for the warm-up or song time. She'd be off to see what apparatus was set up. Yet again, I was constantly chasing after her, but it was an activity class anyway, so we managed to keep going until she was too old.

This is one thing that is helping with ASD traits, e.g. taking things literally. She will hear a statement, think that it doesn't make sense, so she'll ask for an explanation. Her natural curiosity means that she wants to know more; an explanation which will help her to understand. We seem to be working our way through the expressions that cause confusion for some people on the spectrum. I think the speech & language therapist was impressed that she asks so many questions about such things.

stumbling_forward
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 8:29 am

CrystalStars wrote:
Oh, a piece of candy.

Ha! :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 3:13 pm

I tend to have my moments where I act like Aimaimon from Blue Exorcist when it comes to curiousity!![youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZatZlNNCOs[/youtube]