Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LeoAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

Whenever I walk into a store, I instantly get sleepy. I begin to yawn, mumble, and have a hard time with cognitive abilities. My mother is starting to get curious about it. She thinks it is a sensory overload, another person thinks its the lighting, when I'm just sure that it is the bustling energy which takes its toll somehow.
I know that social communication can start to get tiring for someone else like me, but do any of you become instantly sleepy the moment you walk into a store?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

yeah I have that happen to me, never really thought about it.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:29 pm

I used to "phase out" before, and it was hard to concentrate. Also experienced sleepiness and yawning. First one was fixed by getting my head together and focus on my interests, and obviously figuring out how I could manage and live with the impressions of the "outside world". Second was more because of no interest whatsoever in social conversations and what people had to say.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 5:06 pm

I do this whenever I'm in an area breathing "canned air". Stores, modern office buildings, etc. The more people are in the building, the worse it is. And in my case, I am sure at least some of it is an issue with air; I don't know why, but it's like a meta-sensory issue - if my body doesn't think I'm drawing in enough air, it seems to want to flick on autopilot or something...

(As I type this, I have viral bronchitis. That is fun, to say the least...)

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 6:59 pm

Indeed I do get this whenever I am away from my strict rituals, Mine seems like boredom,, sensory under-load (if there's such a thing/not getting the stimulation) and completly randomly independent of actual energy levels.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 9:00 pm

Yeah i get like that too in shops. i also get sick, were i almost have a diabetic sugar attack or something it starts off with lots of yawning and then dizziness and then the inability to concentrate and then needing to eat something sugary asap or i get very ill all of a sudden.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Aug 2012, 11:37 pm

Yes, I do get like this. Especially if I'm alone.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

I do tend to get like this sometimes...I just randomly get really tired for no reason, start to yawn a lot...but for me, it seems to happen when I'm around a lot of people. The tired feeling sometimes goes away when the atmosphere of the situation changes or comes to an end, and then I feel normal again. I can never tell if it's bcuz I'm actually tired and need a nap, or what.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes