Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

04 Oct 2012, 1:11 am

Self-explanatory.
---
I tend to say 'mah', 'meh', or 'ah', in place of 'my', 'me', or 'I', respectively at times, like I am a Southerner.

That's all I have ATM.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:41 am

hmm, constantly cracking everything that can crack, neck, fingers, toes, knees,
it feels as if there is pressure building in them, but it has been more than a year since i last dived, besides diving sickness hurts directly, this just feels odd.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:51 am

I drink from the faucet in my bathroom when I need to rinse after brushing my teeth. I see no reason to dirty a cup and so I cut out the middleman and just go right for the tap.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 3:16 am

All my clothes except underwear and shoes are from the thrift store although i could easily afford new ones, but I simply can't stand the feeling, whereas used clothes are soft. However, I'm stingy anyway.

During the last few months i developed a preference or even need to wear hoods outside the house. They work similar as blinkers for a horse, I assume.

Another strange habit I remember having since first grade is that i need to sit with my back close to a wall or a piece of furniture so that nobody can get behind me.

There are also lots of rituals i need to follow.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 8:10 am

PTSmorrow wrote:
Another strange habit I remember having since first grade is that i need to sit with my back close to a wall or a piece of furniture so that nobody can get behind me.

There are also lots of rituals i need to follow.

I always have to sit facing the door, with my back near the wall.

Jinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2012, 8:30 am

PTSmorrow wrote:
During the last few months i developed a preference or even need to wear hoods outside the house. They work similar as blinkers for a horse, I assume.

It's interesting you should mention this because I recently discovered the trick of pulling a blanket over my head while I am working or reading a book, which probably looks silly but is great because it both keeps me warm now the weather is getting cold and blocks my peripheral vision so I'm not bothered by visual distractions. Visual "noise" bothers me a lot, it's my primary sensory issue. I never thought of doing it outside with a hood, thanks for the suggestion!

I think I do a lot of things others would find a bit eccentric. I enjoy listening to the music in my head, including dancing to it and wandering around my home humming to myself. I have a lot of domestic "shortcuts" I have developed because I find housework difficult, most of which would probably horrify my mother but work fine for me. For example, I don't own an iron, and wear mostly clothes that don't require one, but those that do I hang in the shower so the creases drop out.

I also don't own a TV, a microwave, a washing machine, a car or one of those swishy internet phones (I have a decade-old phone for emergencies). I find those things make life more complicated rather than more convenient, but apparently that makes me weird.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

I love to pick up softened butter with my finger and eat it. In fact I crave just eating butter off my finger. My favorite is Land O Lakes Butter with Canola. I lick the remaining food off my plate. I also make just small amounts of cake batter and eat it. I don't bother baking it. There are probably other strange things I do, but I can't remember what they are.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

The list is numerous, but the main habits I have are:

1: Contracting various muscles in my torso, arms, neck and legs, often keeping them contracted until fatigue sets in.
2: If I'm near a wall, I find myself inching closer to the wall until my back is pressed firmly against it.
3: Cracking any joint possible.
4: Petting anything fuzzy, furry, or looks like it would have an interesting/desirable texture. When it comes to items on a shelf or on the rack in stores, I'll let myself touch them, otherwise I have to consciously remind myself to keep my hands off.
5: Biting my lips or the inside of my mouth. I've been trying to redirect this habit, with some degree of success.
6: Drumming my fingers on the desk or table.
7: "Cat-walking" on all fours when climbing stairs. I have to suppress my urge to do so in public for obvious reasons.
8: Grunting. I don't even know I'm doing it until someone mentions it. I've always done it and still cannot cease the grunting.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

I like cracking my fingers by pulling on my individual fingers.

I like to go to vintage clothing shops, just to feel the clothing. I don't even try them on. I just like to feel the different textures.

I like to hug, hold hands, cuddle, and generally touch more than even the average NT. I try to respect boundaries, though. This is the exact opposite of when I was a kid, by the way. Maybe it's because I tend to be claustrophobic--height/size does have it's advantages!

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:31 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
I love to pick up softened butter with my finger and eat it. In fact I crave just eating butter off my finger. My favorite is Land O Lakes Butter with Canola.

Sounds delicious.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 9:10 pm

I do shoulder stands for extended periods of time while watching T.V. ...........maybe I sub-consciously know that my brain needs all the oxygen it can get. :lol:

Last edited by daydreamer84 on 05 Oct 2012, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 9:58 pm

I use a duffel bag as a dresser. I guess I like it just because I like the temporary feeling it gives me when accessing it for clothes, that I don't live in a home. I guess it sort of feels like I'm just staying in a hotel... even though I pay rent for a place >_>

I use an old cider bottle as a watering can for my potted pet plant.

I keep my books in a trunk, and not on a shelf... though keep the few current reads sitting neatly on top.

I make beast-like noises when expressing my feelings... when away from human ears. This greatly confuses animals, and has excited my mother's german shepherd puppy a good few times >_>

I have a leather belt with a detailed pewter cherokee themed buckle, which I have the buckle to the left side of my front... so off center, and almost all the way to the side. I do it so I don't have to remove my belt when playing guitar (which I do frequently) to prevent marring to the finish, as the guitar body rests only on the middle and right side of my front. I can't afford to not wear a belt with my thin weight and don't care if it looks off not being center like everyone else's belts >_>

I only wear pants... and will not wear shorts under any circumstance. They just feel wrong to me... like having to wear shorts might as well be having to wear a skirt.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 10:12 pm

I wash my hair in my bathroom sink, instead of below my bathtub faucet.

jlym
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Oct 2012, 11:11 pm

I have to sleep with a blanket or pillow on my face. I also have to sleep with a heavy comforter on top of me, even if it's hot.

I crack my fingers, neck, back, jaw, etc a lot.

If I touch something with one hand/palm (or step on something with one foot) I have to do the same with the other. Even if it means going back to where I was. If I can't, then I have to "even it out" by touching something similar.

I am very "touchy-feely" I like hugs and cuddling but I hate people sitting too close to me and I hate crowded places.

I talk to myself a lot (try my best not to in public).

I repeat new words and phrases over and over again until they feel/sound familiar.

I like to watch and observe people, but I don't like to interact (if I can avoid it).

I have to do the same routines (in the same order, at the same time) everyday. If I can't, or if I wake up late, or if a road is closed etc I manage. But I get overwhelmed and I forget where I am and what I'm doing. Sometimes I just stay home and do nothing because I "don't know what to do" since my routine was messed up.

... That's just a few =)

Emotional Intelligence: 60/100

Most likely an Aspie or on the spectrum...

Last edited by jlym on 05 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

jlym wrote:
*snip*
I crack my fingers, neck, back, jaw, etc a lot.

*snip*

I am very "touchy-feely" I like hugs and cuddling but I hate people sitting too close to me and I hate crowded places.

I repeat new words and phrases over and over again until they feel/sound familiar.

I like to watch and observe people, but I don't like to interact (if I can avoid it).

I have to do the same routines (in the same order, at the same time) everyday. If I can't, or if I wake up late, or if a road is closed etc I manage. But I get overwhelmed and I forget where I am and what I'm doing. Sometimes I just stay home and do nothing because I "don't know what to do" since my routine was messed up.

... That's just a few =)

I do some variant of all of those (except for what I've "snipped" out). It's almost creepy.

LikeAChick
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Oct 2012, 5:52 pm

jlym wrote:

I also share this habit except unlike you I was caught talking to myself in public one day by some of my schoolmates/neighbors. Ugh, now they think I'm even weirder. Sucks to live in a small town.