Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2012, 1:00 am

Yes I do care about what someone thinks about what I said I do not like to hurt people feelings or make people mad and I try not to say a lot of things so I don't be in the confrontation setting

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 2:21 am

You're not alone in feeling this way. I think most of us here don't want to hurt those around us and get very frustrated when our words are misconstrued in a negative way when we were only conveying information.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:54 am

dwoolridge wrote:
Yes I do care about what someone thinks about what I said I do not like to hurt people feelings or make people mad and I try not to say a lot of things so I don't be in the confrontation setting

Same here but most people seem to find it easier to think i am a b***h.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 8:17 am

I have been called rude quite a bit and I do not knowingly go out of my way to hurt people and try and listen and help when others may be having difficulty but it has gotten me into trouble too with misunderstandings and being treated like crap over the years. I care quite a bit even though others may not.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 9:24 am

I have no idea about other people's feelings unless they would define them in a detailed and understandable way, but since I'm not very emotional myself I assume that feelings are not really important. Furthermore, I give a s**t to what anybody might think about me.

flowerpowerpunch
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2012, 9:51 am

PTSmorrow wrote:
I have no idea about other people's feelings unless they would define them in a detailed and understandable way, but since I'm not very emotional myself I assume that feelings are not really important. Furthermore, I give a sh** to what anybody might think about me.

I don't. :D

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 1:40 pm

To some extent, I care. I care about what my parents think. I care about what my Ohio friend/cousin-in-law thinks. I care about what those close to me think. I am forced to care what my mental health caseworker thinks.

Strangers? People I don't like? Frankly, I don't have enough energy to give a damn about them.

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

I always care but still I wont keep my opinion back. I don't want to hurt anybody and i'd try to make this clear.
An opinion should be rational and have not so much t do with feelings.
I'd rather not involve too many feelings.

If people, however, talk bad about others, and I find this unfair, then I would criticize that person also directly by saying that
he/she is inappropriate. That hurts. But then I don't care.

Someone that deals out has to also be able to take that. Or better stop talking bad about others.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

I care and then don't care. I don't like to beat myself up over my mistakes so I get over it. Once I am over it, I don't care anymore. If I still cared, I would still be upset about it and obsessing over it. And sometimes people do deserve it so I don't truly care. I quit caring what people thought of me in my teens because if I didn't care anymore, I wouldn't be feeling bad or upset or depressed about it. I wouldn't have to worry about it either. There are times when I do have to care what someone thinks of me like my boss for example. I have to care what he thinks of my job because if he thinks I am doing a crappy job or not doing my job, I can get fired. But co workers, nah.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

I care about offending people or hurting their feelings too.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 8:16 pm

onks wrote:
I always care but still I wont keep my opinion back. I don't want to hurt anybody and i'd try to make this clear.

If people, however, talk bad about others, and I find this unfair, then I would criticize that person also directly by saying that

Someone that deals out has to also be able to take that. Or better stop talking bad about others.

I know I can't hold back my opinions, because it hurts to do so. So I usually blank out people who talk bad about others. I don't want them to talk bad about me.

It still hurts. It goes aganist my moral compass. But I feel like I have to to survive. :roll: :wall:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 8:32 pm

dwoolridge wrote:

I also care about what I say and the feelings of others. I always make an effort not to say things that will hurt others. I don't want to hurt anybody and I wouldn't choose to hurt anybody. I feel very bad if someone finds something I said hurtful, or if I feel I've hurt someone.

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2012, 11:28 pm

emimeni wrote:
onks wrote:

I know I can't hold back my opinions, because it hurts to do so. So I usually blank out people who talk bad about others. I don't want them to talk bad about me.

It still hurts. It goes aganist my moral compass. But I feel like I have to to survive. :roll: :wall:

I think I am strong enough generally except for strangers to fight back comments on me. At least at my job.
If they'd make bad jokes about me, then I'd consider the next time to do the same with them.
Just in the way I said. I'd try to be somewhat more upright though.

Now, that my job always has been around the more intelectual guys there isn't so much harassment anyway
People would ignore you but they wouldn't go actively beyond that. Maybe they would tease you a bit.
But still there is some honesty behind that and not hate jealousy or other base motives

I simply think that intelligent people don't do that. They don't need to. It's a trick for the people with less intelligence.
It doesn't have style to let you go on base motives. It's actually incredibly stupid because it is a fake that is quite easy to decipher

So in principle if you are attacked you should have a good opportunity to fight back by just saying "you're just jealous" or something like that.
Just a few words should be enough, when you have figured out their real intentions and their real reasons. By that you'd remove their "protection"
and expose them. You don't actually have to say more.
Normally it becomes obvious for others then, too. They'd potentially feel embarrassed (if they have brains and not just straw in their head :lol:) and stop it.