Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

soulburner
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2012, 8:34 am

do you tend to think about the past alot? if so, what do you think about?

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 8:51 am

Yes, a lot. I like to just remember things, good times in my childhood, funny moments, times when I was happy, and I remember those in great detail.
On the other hand, I often have to think about what went wrong in my past and relive all the embarrassment and loneliness I felt. That's not so great.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 9:15 am

I have to admit i am stuck with the past this can be from past TV programmes including music as well.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Dec 2012, 9:36 am

Yeah, I get this feeling with certain things, like with music, TV shows; that thing.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 9:53 am

Nope. It's the past. It's gone. The only thing that matters is today and what may come.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2012, 10:34 am

I wouldn't say that I'm "stuck" in the past, but I admit that I enjoy remembering certain things. Sometimes, when I find an old object, I get overwhelmed by memories related to it.

Example: recently I found an old notebook from the time I was in 8th grade (1999/2000). And suddenly a lot of things that I considered forgotten resurfaced.

I loved writing down my thoughts in random places in my notebooks - and now, after so many years, I love reading them. Some of them are pretty surprising - I can hardly recognize myself :D

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

MrXxx wrote:
Nope. It's the past. It's gone. The only thing that matters is today and what may come.

Hey MrXxx, I am happy for you and wish I had more of those brain cells!

I got the renumerative type, and go over and over the confusing and painful parts of what has happened with people. But, I'm working on the problem...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:48 am

soulburner wrote:
are any of you stuck in the past?

Not me; I'm not a union member.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:19 am

emtyeye wrote:
...I had more of those brain cells!

:lol: I don't think you really would if you knew the whole truth. It requires losing quite a few of them I think.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

ronpl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2012, 11:40 am

negative stuff

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm

I tend to judge situations by experience of the past. For some reason, that bugs the crap out of my husband. For instance, I won't watch the comedian Ron White because he reminds me so much of my stepfather. Or if someone says something they mean innocently, and it used to be something my mom used to say to be mean, I will get upset. does that count?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

I really am stuck in the past. I miss being 12 years old, when I had a best friend who made me a priority in her life and our whole lives revolved around anime. I also miss 2010, when my special interest in Johnny Depp movies was at its peak.

Ooccoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Dec 2012, 6:50 pm

I tend to think a lot about my own mistakes, and situations that I could've handled better. I tend to be quite harsh on myself

CharlesMonster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2012, 8:38 am

soulburner wrote:
do you tend to think about the past alot? if so, what do you think about?

I used to.

I am a pacifist, and NT children will pick on someone that will not fight back at all. The occasional times I did fight back stopped the people causing me grief, but also left me feeling less of a person.

I used to re-live the bullying and mistreatment and could not get over it, it was consuming me in a cloud of injustice.

On fathers day 2009, I suffered a near fatal concussion, that left me with a permanent non-detrimental brain damage.

I have amnesia, my perceptions have changed a lot, and I rely on trust. When I woke up, everyone looked like they were glowing with health, it was quite uplifting. However I didn't recognise people, everyone looked a little different, like looking at a very close twin (my own reflection included). People, still to this day, look different. There are a lot of other odd things, but they are for another time.

More relevant , I forgot a lot of things, and there are a lot more things that I don't know I've forgotten. One of the things that has gone is the feelings of injustice, I remember some of the bullies attacks, but they no longer bother me.

A bitter sweet turn of events.

Eve01
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2012, 10:22 am

Yes, my memories are very detailed and feel very 'fresh'.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 11:08 am

Yes I think about the past a lot, even when its the last thing I want to think about...cursed PTSD, so yeah its not really good or neutral things I am thinking about in relation to the past when my mind is stuck there.