What`s the best lifestyle you can imagine.

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

Without being NT, or rich.

Serious question, I`ve having a hard time with this.

All my visions of a good life were based on the premise of trying to be some variant of normal.

Now that I`ve given up on that I`m not sure how to go forward.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 7:34 pm

change your inner world and your outer world will follow

as above so below

quit this world
quit the next world
quit quitting

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I78JOxMK8Q[/youtube]

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 7:37 pm

The lifestyle that I have now and I've never had any desire to be NT or super rich. I don't believe in the perfect life. I believe in a realistic life instead.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 7:52 pm

My perfect lifestyle is one in which I travel a lot. I don't want to live in the same place for more than 3 years. I don't want a true permanent residence I want to be on the move.

It's not a realistic lifestyle. I know it probably won't work out it's just my dream.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 8:04 pm

When younger I escaped winter by going to Bali every year for 4 months at a time.
Been there 11 times

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 8:14 pm

My dream lifestyle: Live up in the mountains, near a lake or river. Preferably a mountain outside a large city like Seattle. Small cabin with modern amenities. I'd get my food from the river/lake, my garden and local farmers markets. I'd even grow a beard. Long bushy one if I could. Probably earn my paycheck by being a ranger or firefighter.

Out in the wilderness, no one judges you and you don't have to deal with so many people.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

Pileo wrote:
My dream lifestyle: Live up in the mountains, near a lake or river. Preferably a mountain outside a large city like Seattle. Small cabin with modern amenities. I'd get my food from the river/lake, my garden and local farmers markets. I'd even grow a beard. Long bushy one if I could. Probably earn my paycheck by being a ranger or firefighter.

Out in the wilderness, no one judges you and you don't have to deal with so many people.

Hey you stole my reply! Only I wouldn't grow a beard, or be a ranger/firefighter lol.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 9:06 pm

many western aspies like India, you could spend 10months a year there and it would cost maybe $200US for 10months

Baba Balakdas on his 5th chillum of the day, and it's barely 10am.

[img][800:800]http://sadhus.org/sadhu/slides/sadhu_2410.jpg[/img]

featherbrained
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2012, 10:05 pm

not that i'm trying to have this:
living in a cave somewhere in a heavily wooded area by a source of running, fresh water - it would be entirely dependant upon me to forage for food and hunt and store food, and build fires and make soap. i would have a small group of animals and i would grow some vegetables and herbs myself. the cave would not be furnished with anything but some pottery and furs to lay on. i would also have instruments, and windchimes. i'd also grow weed. i'd have a horse named Nami.
i guess if i got lonely i would ride my horse into civilization for a visit.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm

being a successful [but not "rich"] adult movie actor. being paid at all for doing something that is the most pleasure on earth, with the most pleasurable people. that is what i'd call existential riches, for which mere financial wealth cannot compete.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 10:57 pm

I want to be respected for what I can offer, or what I know. Respect is more important to me than money, anyways.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 11:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
being a successful [but not "rich"] adult movie actor. being paid at all for doing something that is the most pleasure on earth, with the most pleasurable people. that is what i'd call existential riches, for which mere financial wealth cannot compete.
I like your answer.

Do you got any vids on youtube by chance

Anyhow I like hearing these things keep it up.

I`m starting to have dreams and ideas again, for me I`m an idea guy not having any for the last few months has been brutal.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

Stoek wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I like your answer.

thank you :)

Stoek wrote:
Do you got any vids on youtube by chance?

this'd be the only one-
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB93P19EeUM&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
off your OP topic, but it's darlene love singing "white xmas" off of my copy of the stereophonic edition of the classic phil spector xmas album- you won't hear it in clean stereo anyplace else [you can only buy the album in mono], this is off of a chromium dioxide commercial tape, no phonographic surfaces noises here. :)
Stoek wrote:
Anyhow I like hearing these things keep it up. I`m starting to have dreams and ideas again, for me I`m an idea guy not having any for the last few months has been brutal.

i hope life is starting to look up for you. in anycase, you will do well to "keep looking up."
god bless :)
bruce

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 12:02 am

I would love to live on the frontier, with a ranch, near a small community of people who are friendly and help each other out.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 12:14 am

Dammit, not rich is a requirement. Disregarding that, I was going to say aristocrat scientist like Tycho Brahe.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Dec 2012, 12:44 am

I'd like to live autonomous and free from social pressure. I like to observe things and people. The lifestyle of a mystery novel writer would suit me.

High mobility, being able to travel but has an observer, not an actor... without being bothered by other people.

I hate being a scrounger and prefer to contribute and help others. I want to be absolutely free, while being self sufficient.

Here are the daily routines of famous writers, it inspires me: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/ ... s-writers/

Last edited by tchek on 18 Dec 2012, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.